Paul Murray: Rangers will NOT be put into any financial risk in the pursuit of Celtic

I still have a feeling the pondlife are in more financial strife than had come to light yet, they haven't got bundles to spend, if they do, it's not their money they are spending. We will compete just fine, they are already using their BBC And general media machine against us! We could do very well next year and they could very well implode! WATP

Big money transfers leaving the scumhut is what has kept them going for the past few years. Had we failed to go up this year they would have been in bother. Many of the manks who said they wouldn't buy season tickets will now do so simply to watch us playing against them. Delilah has messed up their overloaded squad and they won't be that difficult to catch.

Edited by boabie

It's only what many of us having been wanting for years , live within your means , proper scouting etc etc , but the Paul Murray haters will be all over this

Im not a fan of Paul Murray and have been very critical in the past but he says everything spot on in this interview and I cant think of any reason a Rangers fan could take issue with any of it.

What is important is not how much is spent but that we strengthen in areas of the team which need to be strengthened. For example, at least one striker and a defensive MF player are musts. We may need to look at the FB positions because had Wallace or Tavernier got a lengthy injury this season there were no obvious FB replacements were there?

There's no point in simply going out & buying for the sake of it. As Graeme Souness once said as Rangers manager that when you buy a player you must always be sure he's better than the one he's replacing.Do that & we won't be far away next season

What is important is not how much is spent but that we strengthen in areas of the team which need to be strengthened. For example, at least one striker and a defensive MF player are musts. We may need to look at the FB positions because had Wallace or Tavernier got a lengthy injury this season there were no obvious FB replacements were there?

There's no point in simply going out & buying for the sake of it. As Graeme Souness once said as Rangers manager that when you buy a player you must always be sure he's better than the one he's replacing.Do that & we won't be far away next season

Add a CH to that list, especially if Ball goes back to Spurs.

Ideally one with pace.

Add a CH to that list, especially if Ball goes back to Spurs.

Ideally one with pace.

I hate to say this but I think we need a goalkeeper. I hope I am proved wrong.