Livingston decide to take a kick at Rangers.

Falkirk have called on the SPFL to reverse their decision to move the final round of Championship fixtures from Saturday, April 30 to Sunday, May 1.

The five matches were moved to the later date after the St Mirren v Rangers clash was selected for television coverage to ensure they will be played at the same time.

Falkirk, who are set to host Morton, are battling to finish second in the league and book their place in the Premiership play-offs.

Chairman, Doug Henderson, said in a club statement: "We understand why the SPFL wanted to change the dates so that all the final day games took place at the same time. The reality is that none of the teams competing for the play-offs would be disadvantaged by allowing their games to take place on the Saturday.

"This decision is inconsiderate of our fans, not only because of the switch to a less convenient day, but also because end-of season supporters' events have been planned for the Saturday. Clubs will lose out considerably at the gates and through the loss of hospitality.

"We are going through the proper channels to ask the SPFL to change its position - there's still time to reverse their decision and respect the wishes of our fans."

The decision to switch Hearts' home clash with Rangers on the final weekend of the 2014/15 campaign also caused controversy last year.

Their fixture was moved from the Saturday to Sunday for television despite Hibernian also battling for second spot with the Ibrox club.

All five games were eventually switched to a lunchtime kick-off on the Saturday but the SPFL originally remained defiant at the decision.

At the time they said: "It is unreasonable to expect all Championship fixtures that weekend to move to the Sunday when a number of them will be unaffected by the Hearts v Rangers tie."

Henderson also complained about the fixture date swap in 2015, again referencing the fact that fans would be seriously inconvenienced.

But the Bairns chief had a different position on games being played at the same time on the final day of the season. He said at the time: "In the interest of fairness, the end of season fixtures have traditionally been played concurrently on an agreed date.

"You can't have one game kicking off when all the others have finished. That, in our opinion, is not in the spirit of the game. We must uphold the integrity of our football competitions at all costs."

http://stv.tv/sport/football/1348893-falkirk-call-on-spfl-to-reverse-championship-last-day-fixture-switch/

It's a shame nobody ever cares about the inconsideration bestowed upon Rangers fans every time one of our games is moved!,Rangers games get moved more than any other club!,Rangers fans get mucked about more than any other club!,not to mention all other clubs bleeding cash from the Rangers fans at every opportunity!.

Sporting Integrity!...........................................MY ARSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a shame nobody ever cares about the inconsideration bestowed upon Rangers fans every time one of our games is moved!,Rangers games get moved more than any other club!,Rangers fans get mucked about more than any other club!,not to mention all other clubs bleeding cash from the Rangers fans at every opportunity!.

Agree with most of that,except-----Rangers fans hand over their cash willingly to the likes of these clubs they dont bleed us.(more fool us imo).

Agree with most of that,except-----Rangers fans hand over their cash willingly to the likes of these clubs they dont bleed us.(more fool us imo).

If they could,they would,it's all about the Rangers!

The sensible thing would be for all games on the Saturday at same time,what seems illogical to me is the non-event of our game being picked for TV,obviously for the TV people to profit from.

If I had planned a day out to coincide with the last game I would be totally p****d off.

If I lived in Glasgow, the moving around of games would be one of the biggest things preventing me from purchasing a season ticket. I'd probably pick and choose my games, deciding each weekend.

I've two mates who flat out refuse to buy season tickets due to games being moved to Friday/Tuesday/ whatever nights or Saturday/ Sunday 1230 kick offs. Older bears were brought up on 3pm Saturday kick offs with the opportunity to sink a few beers and relax pre-match.

If I lived in Glasgow, the moving around of games would be one of the biggest things preventing me from purchasing a season ticket. I'd probably pick and choose my games, deciding each weekend.

But the moving around of games is surely less inconvenient if you stay in Glasgow?,as opposed to people who have further to travel to games!,well for matches at Ibrox at least!.

Edited by ian1964