No mass clear-out at Rangers, says Mark Warburton

As a team we seem to play, mostly, as a better unit than the qualities of each player. However I think there is not one player that would get into our side that last won the top title, so therein tells you that our quality is not good enough. Thankfully our rivals have also weakened so the gap is not as big as it could have been.

I'm giving Wes, Tav, Waghorn, the benefit of the doubt, and I'm definitely keeping Wallace, Holt & McKay, so that leaves 5 new first team players that we need to bring in. I agree we don't need a clear out of epic proportions simply because our squad is so thin, but those who are never going to be good enough for next season are fairly easily identifiable- Wilson Miller Clark Shiels law bell Temps should all be moved on, but I don't think they all will leave.

As a team we seem to play, mostly, as a better unit than the qualities of each player. However I think there is not one player that would get into our side that last won the top title, so therein tells you that our quality is not good enough. Thankfully our rivals have also weakened so the gap is not as big as it could have been.

I'm giving Wes, Tav, Waghorn, the benefit of the doubt, and I'm definitely keeping Wallace, Holt & McKay, so that leaves 5 new first team players that we need to bring in. I agree we don't need a clear out of epic proportions simply because our squad is so thin, but those who are never going to be good enough for next season are fairly easily identifiable- Wilson Miller Clark Shiels law bell Temps should all be moved on, but I don't think they all will leave.

Would you not keep Forrester?

Would you not keep Forrester?

HARRY FORRESTER hopes he can celebrate a Championship title medal with a new Rangers contract after firing Mark Warburton’s side to the brink of promotion on Saturday.

The forward continued his fine recent run of form with another impressive display against Queen of the South as he opened the scoring in a 4-3 win for the Light Blues.

Boss Warburton confirmed after the game that he is keen to keep Forrester at Ibrox for the long-term as he gets set to bolster his ranks for a shot at the Premiership.

With cup clashes against Peterhead and Celtic to come, it could be a memorable few weeks for Warburton and his players and Forrester is keen to get round the negotiating table.

He said: “Of course [i’d be happy to speak to them about a contract]. From day one, that’s been my aim.

“I won’t get too involved in that – I’ll let my representatives do that with the gaffer and the club and see if we can agree something.

“At the moment I’m just concentrating on playing as it’s been a long time since I played this number of games so I’m just enjoying it. I love playing at Ibrox.

“I’d love to stay here for next year. Like I say, it’s not up to me – we’ll sort it out and will go from there.

“You hear about the [Celtic] game. It wasn’t necessarily why I came here as they aren’t in our league. It was more to come here and win the league and go from there.

“We’ve got three points today and hopefully we will win the league. That was the aim.

“I wasn’t playing at Doncaster. I’d been frozen out to an extent which happens in football.

“Here I’ve got a manager who believes in me and who’s given me belief and you can see that I’m enjoying it.

“I’d decided I wanted to be here in the longer-term even before I joined.

“I knew what the club was about and how big it was and I hoped I’d be able to go out there every week and do what I can do.

“The boys around me have helped me settle in and it’s been a good time so far.”

Rangers will be crowned champions if they beat Raith Rovers on Saturday and Hibernian fail to take all three points away at St Mirren.

Victory over the Doonhamers was deserved but it wasn’t a completely satisfactory afternoon for Warburton’s side as they conceded three goals for the second consecutive game.

And Forrester knows the Gers have to find the right balance between defence and attack after another sloppy showing.

He said: “It’s always nice to score four goals at home but we don’t like conceding goals and we’ve conceded three again.

“We had a chat afterwards about the goals and what we thought. But we still got the three points and that’s the main thing at the end of the day.

“It’s not a concern but we know the standards we’ve set and we don’t like conceding goals.

“To concede three at home isn’t ideal but we’ve got the win and are one step closer to the title.

“We have picked up one-nils here and there. There was a time when we were doing that and everyone was saying it was a bit of a crisis because we couldn’t score goals.

“We’ve scored four today but let in three and have the three points. We’re always hopeful that we’ll create lots of chances and we’ll put them away.

“I love playing here. You can see we are an attacking team which suits my style of play and that of a lot of other players.

“We attack as a team and defend as a team. Just because we let three goals in isn’t the defenders’ fault solely.

“We need to rectify that and we’ve talked about that. But we do attack and I enjoy that.”

I would slightly disagree Bear. Miller was guff up until just a few weeks ago. Tavernier has gone off the boil in the past few weeks.

I still question keeping Miller but would never consider leaving Tavernier out.

But then, I'll be honest and state I never had much time for Miller anyhow.

A lot of Rangers fans don't have much time for Miller, it's just football reasons and all that...but I felt the booing at the interval (not me) was directed at others not Miller because he was the player who stood tallest.

Tav received a bit of stick from the fans (not me) for his contribution during the match, that's football and I would never condemn any Ranger who dons the shirt.

Late Edit: Zelalem comes close :D

Edited by Bearman
Zelalem

A lot of Rangers fans don't have much time for Miller, it's just football reasons and all that...but I felt the booing at the interval (not me) was directed at others not Miller because he was the player who stood tallest.

Tav received a bit of stick from the fans (not me) for his contribution during the match, that's football and I would never condemn any Ranger who dons the shirt.

It wont matter if you happen to be a fan of Miller or not,hes staying for another year, its a done deal.