Player Of The Year 2016 Voting

hmmmm, I don't know. McKay also played a part in his situation I think.

Maybe he did.

But IMO McKay was fortunate to have survived ' project McCoist' whereas others weren't so lucky. Getting away from Rangers to less than glamarous surroundings such as Morton & Raith might not have seemed ideal at the time but I bet young Barrie looks back on this as a blessing now.

Season 2014-15 must go down as the worst ever in Rangers history and Barrie McKay should be grateful he had no part to play in it.

His progress since MW & DW came in has been there for all to see. His career is now back on track.He is now a vital player in Rangers first team squad who at 21 will only get better.

So much so that iif he keeps progressing that in a couple of years or so he'll probably be gone to the EPL or the likes.We should all sit back and appreciate his talent while we can

Edited by RANGERRAB

Maybe he did.

But IMO McKay was fortunate to have survived ' project McCoist' whereas others weren't so lucky. Getting away from Rangers to less than glamarous surroundings such as Morton & Raith might not have seemed ideal at the time but I bet young Barrie looks back on this as a blessing now.

Season 2014-15 must go down as the worst ever in Rangers history and Barrie McKay should be grateful he had no part to play in it.

His progress since MW & DW came in has been there for all to see. His career is now back on track.He is now a vital player in Rangers first team squad who at 21 will only get better.

So much so that iif he keeps progressing that in a couple of years or so he'll probably be gone to the EPL or the likes.We should all sit back and appreciate his talent while we can

There is no doubt in my mind that wee Barrie is lucky to have a manager like MW, especially at this important stage in his career!,he might have been lost to the game otherwise and never fulfill his potential, which he still has to do!

The manager has (rightly IMO) stepped in here...

DESPITE voting having commenced for the Player of the Year Awards I would like to alert fans to a late change of procedure.

The quality of this squad should be reflected in the vote and therefore I believe strongly that fans should be able to vote for any player who has contributed to our success so far this season.

I misunderstood the mechanics of the vote and didn’t realise those players would be the final selection.

It might be tradition to shortlist a number of players, however this season I feel we need to go against that because there are so many players who could justifiably win the award.

I think it is important that our fans should be able to make their own choices and many of them will quite rightly have a number of players in mind. The squad has performed admirably thus far and it is pleasing that so many players can make a strong case for winning this eagerly sought after prize.

To that end, despite his dreadful injury of late, I'm currently going for Martyn Waghorn as PotY and McKay as YpotY.... :)

However, that may change as the voting has started too early IMO.

So many to choose from, I was at odds with myself.

Eventually made my decision, I know he won't win it but I went for Kenny Miller for POTY as I think without his experience and influence over the whole club everybody else wouldn't have had anyone to look up to on the pitch in a 'been there, done it' so to speak.

At 36 years of age he's the perfect example of a model professional. So for that reason he got my vote.

YPOTY was easy...Barrie McKay has been consistently outstanding for us.