21 years ago today we lost Davie Cooper

I don't think Souness saw Davie Cooper as part of his new Rangers. Cooper was part of the old Rangers that had a real barren spell while Aberdeen and Dundee Utd were dominating Scottish football. He was a real talent nonetheless.

I think that's a little unfair. Souness played Cooper a lot during Souness's first 3 seasons at the club.

He was let go at the end of the 88-89 season at the age of 33, which doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly when we had Mark Walters.My feeling at the time was that his Rangers career had come to a natural end mainly due to age and he moved to a lesser club where he would continue to get a game.

I think that's a little unfair. Souness played Cooper a lot during Souness's first 3 seasons at the club.

He was let go at the end of the 88-89 season at the age of 33, which doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly when we had Mark Walters.My feeling at the time was that his Rangers career had come to a natural end mainly due to age and he moved to a lesser club where he would continue to get a game.

That was my recollection of it. He was just passed his sell by date.