KR seems to be doing what I'd hope any footballer would do in an effort to protect his own teams support.

It's just in todays enviroment various support's have become our and their own worst enemies in trying to get the others lot done. Thereby making it ever easier for authorities to impose stricter (and discriminatory) regulations/law and make matchday more about what you can't do rather than what you do.

KR seems to be doing what I'd hope any footballer would do in an effort to protect his own teams support.

It's just in todays enviroment various support's have become our and their own worst enemies in trying to get the others lot done. Thereby making it ever easier for authorities to impose stricter (and discriminatory) regulations/law and make matchday more about what you can't do rather than what you do.

Disagree. He prevented the steward from doing his job. The fan shouldn't have been on the pitch, the steward was removing him. Richards should have let him do his job.

My last game before leaving for Holland was the Scottish cup final in 1980. People entering the field caused a riot. These celebrations could have caused a riot. How can you justify booking a player in the middle of the park pumping a fist to the celebration that took place at Kilmarnock.

Disagree. He prevented the steward from doing his job. The fan shouldn't have been on the pitch, the steward was removing him. Richards should have let him do his job.

Craig, as things stands you are right.

My issue is that I don't agree with how 'things' have developed in Scottish football and society in general regards much of the OTT regulations and relevant political correctness that concern public behaviour.

Let's forget that this particular instance involves Celtic......I don't see anything terribly wrong with what actually happened and IMO any stewards should have simply been encouraging the fan to return to his seat.

Pete

I don't think there was any possibility of a riot whatsoever at Rugby Park.

The Haliday booking you refer to can't IMO be justified. For the rulebook to stand behind the claim that it may have incited a riot is laughable.

Authorities often cite extremely unlikely scenarios of what might happen to justify actions or regulations.

Remember the amnesia the Scottish authorities have to this day when it comes to what happened at the Motherwell game last season. Or has 'Well been fined for what happened?

In this case, of course, no Scum player was looking for a riot or "could reasonably have caused" a riot as he was "only celebrating" with his own fans. Simples. (At least when it comes to the authorities explaining why no action is needed.)

Craig, as things stands you are right.

My issue is that I don't agree with how 'things' have developed in Scottish football and society in general regards much of the OTT regulations and relevant political correctness that concern public behaviour.

Let's forget that this particular instance involves Celtic......I don't see anything terribly wrong with what actually happened and IMO any stewards should have simply been encouraging the fan to return to his seat.

Pete

I don't think there was any possibility of a riot whatsoever at Rugby Park.

The Haliday booking you refer to can't IMO be justified. For the rulebook to stand behind the claim that it may have incited a riot is laughable.

Authorities often cite extremely unlikely scenarios of what might happen to justify actions or regulations.

That is exactly my point. I have no problem with the Kazim reaction but referee's have to be consistent on these kind of things. You can't have players getting a yellow\red card for a celebration in the middle of the park and accept the Celtic celebration.

Make no mistake, this and similar stuff will happen next month should a late winner be scored or the like. Not to mention th typical maniac-like behaviour from Brown and Co., should they score. And it will take a strong refereeing quartet on the day ... which we do not have in Scotland. Perhaps they import a few EPL folk?