The asylum has been taken over by the loonies

John Hartson: Who the hell is Mark Warburton to criticise Ronny Deila?

EVERYONE knows by now I’m not Ronny Deila’s biggest fan.

But who the hell does Mark Warburton think he is to come out and criticise the Celtic boss?

Deila has a lot to answer for. But if he thinks Warburton’s views on astroturf pitches are old-fashioned then he’s entitled to say it.

For Warburton to have a go for supposedly showing him a lack of respect is laughable.

I must have missed something as last I heard Rangers were a Championship club.

Celtic are four-in-a-row Premiership champions, so if anyone should be showing some respect it’s Warburton. You would think he would have enough to worry about at Ibrox. Warburton should just concentrate on winning promotion and getting some money for new players.

Instead of bothering about Deila, the Rangers boss should be chapping Dave King’s door asking him where the money is for new players.

Starting a fight on how good or bad plastic parks are is just pathetic.

Warburton just seems to get bothered about things which I don’t think he should be too concerned about.

And it begs the question: What’s he going to be like when Rangers win promotion to the top flight?

More to the point, what’s he going to be like when he’s in the eye of the storm at an Old Firm game?

Let me tell you, Mark, this is a stroll compared to what you have coming.

You shouldn’t be sweating over the small stuff.

I honestly cannot believe Warburton had a go at Deila for saying what he said.

As I’ve said before, I see a man lucky to still be manager of Celtic when I look at the Norwegian. Truth be told, Deila will be doing well to still be in charge for the start of next season.

Celtic’s performances in Europe were abysmal earlier this season, and their displays in the league have been nothing to write home about.

My old club should be wiping the floor with the teams in the Premiership.

They should be winning Trebles without blinking.

Instead there are real question marks over Deila and I genuinely think someone else will be in charge before long.

It’s not good enough to just beat teams like East Kilbride and Caley Thistle.

But the boss of a Celtic team that’s going for five-in-a-row is entitled to say what he thinks about football pitches without being accused of anything. As with Warburton, I don’t know why Deila gets all hot and bothered about these things.

I’ve never met the man so I’ve no idea what he’s like as a bloke.

But you wouldn’t have seen Martin O’Neill or Walter Smith get involved in a debate so worthless and bickering at each other.

Neil Lennon and Ally McCoist had their moments, but that centred around what happened on the pitch.

For the record, I don’t like 3G pitches for top-level football. I think they have a place for community clubs and for kids.

Players don’t like them because they are nothing like real grass. But I’m more than willing to accept somebody else’s view on them.

Warburton should have taken that stance instead of allowing himself to be dragged into an argument.

Rangers had been a shambles for the last few years until he arrived on the scene, a complete and utter embarrassment. As a club they should be ashamed.

So for me their gaffer should recognise where Rangers are.

Believe it or not, I actually like Warburton and think he’s done a good job since taking charge.

He was the right appointment for Rangers, and I think he’s brought the club on from where they were a year ago.

But let’s get it right, they are still a million miles away from Celtic.

Rangers will win promotion in May, and I hope they do because Scottish football needs the big two in the same league. The two sets of players would also love it.

But they are not even in the same ballpark as Celtic.

It’s going to take four years at least before they challenge for the title. Gers are facing years of mid-table obscurity. Sure, some major investment in the playing squad could see them speed things up, but what’s the chances of that?

Rangers were meant to be over-investing in their squad, but that’s not happened.

I know there will be Gers fans who read this and think I’m completely out of order.

But I also guarantee there will be Ibrox supporters worried that I’m 100 per cent right.

In the meantime they have a manager worried about being shown a lack of respect. Do me a favour.

Guys like Kenny Miller and Lee Wallace must seriously wonder if Warburton knows what’s coming his way when he’s got four Old Firm games a season to deal with.

Because if this is him now, God help him when he’s just lost 4-0 at Parkhead and the bears are screaming for his head.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scot...nny-Deila.html

First Sutton and now this idiot writes a lot of shit about a story that was news 3 weeks ago. This is about filling space in a paper, no wonder the distribution has crashed.

What a steaming pile of shite.

Let's get this straight Hartson ya fat turd....

The headline starts "John Hartson : who the hell is Mark Warburton to criticize Ronny Deila". And the very first statement after you get out of the way your dislike if Deila..... You are saying that Deila is welcome to criticize Warburton about his views on artificial pitches.

So, in essence, criticism is fine... So long as it is a one way street of Celtic criticizing Rangers....

Hypocritical tit. Though I'm not sure you are even smart enough to know what hypocrite means.

Hartson is clearly worried about the direction we are headed.

He talks about Warburton not being able to handle OF games but from what I have witnessed he will handle them better than Deila. Warburton is passionate but calm. Deila can barely have a presser without mentioning us.

Rangers will be just fine Hartson. Worry about your own team old boy. The smell of fear from you, Sutton, Deila and all your mhanky supporters is very, very real.

" Starting a fight on how good or bad plastic parks are is just pathetic. "

That's all fair and well. But it isn't what happened.

Warburton criticised plastic pitches. Delilah then came out and criticised Warburton.

The article and Hartsons ignorant view read slightly different once you get your head around that one.

Edited by boabie

What Hartson cannot see is that his 'old club' have been downsizing & cutting their budgets over these past four years and their team on the park has been getting worse as a result.

Losing home & away to the mighty FK Molde should have been the wake up call but apparently not for this clown.

The Deila appointment was based on us getting the likes of McCall of McInnes but MW has totally changed the landscape. Hartson & his chums simply don't know what his moves will be regards next season. One thing's for sure though - he won't be using Dundee Utd as a feeder club wasting millions in the process.

I smell your fear John. I really do. Even if your 'old club' do win the SC semi it won't matter much for next season I can assure you as our manager will have it all meticulously planned out in advance. Unlike Delia

Edited by RANGERRAB

Completely agree with RANGERRAB, u can smell the fear. Tbh, the bitterness that comes from this bloke is more than apparent in this ridiculous article. He talks about "laughable" the only thing laughable is that a tabloid rag, employs this uneducated Mhank mouthpiece and pays him to write this drivel!

He isn't the most articulate bloke I've ever come across and have never really fathomed why anyone would employ him for his views unless they were an unwashed sympathiser or looking for someone who had an intellect that will appeal to the mhanks.

Anyway, it is you Mr Hartson who may well be in for a shock, your club is in more financial turmoil than had publicly come to light yet and on the park are spineless.

How we fair next year is anyone's guess, however, if I was him, I would be more worried about what's happening with the mhanky mob than what a very coherent and articulate MW is up too.

WATP

Edited by cooponthewing

" One thing's for sure though - he won't be using Dundee Utd as a feeder club wasting millions in the process. " It shows how far their downsizing has gone - buying up rivals players to win the Scottish league - and in a one horse race too. :razz:

Who cares what fat boy says?,he just makes an arse of himself every time he opens his mouth. MW & Rangers do their talking on the pitch,bring it on

One thing I can promise right now Ian - next season guys like Fartson and Mutton will be pulling out every conspiracy theory there is when the skidmarks don't get a decision.

One thing I can promise right now Ian - next season guys like Fartson and Mutton will be pulling out every conspiracy theory there is when the skidmarks don't get a decision.

I do hope so!,laughing stock..................