The word h*n is not offensive

30l1k5e.png

No bitterness at all James.

However on the 12th of July it is the day when we get to show our superiority over people like you in this country. So much so you may wish to return to the bankrupt, EU-bailed out state that is Ireland.No surrender.

Hun is not the opposite of Tim - that is Billy. For a newspaper editor the guy is pretty ignorant of his own country and even just logic. Billy and Tim are both actual names based on religious preferences, both are used reasonably fondly by their respective sides.

No Rangers fan I have met has called Rangers fans, huns. It's a slur and to me would be like Celtic fans calling themselves something Rangers fans use as a derogatory term - like one beginning with T. They seem fine with the F word which is why it's strange they take offence at it.

Where has this guy been hiding?

One thing that I find most offensive about the word is how Celtic fans enunciate it - they tend to spit the word out viciously with contempt - much like you'd hear an openly racist, neo-nazi spit out their derogatory terms for blacks, Jews and gays. They don't seem to use it as a word for us in casual parlance with normal inflection.

One thing that I find most offensive about the word is how Celtic fans enunciate it - they tend to spit the word out viciously with contempt - much like you'd hear an openly racist, neo-nazi spit out their derogatory terms for blacks, Jews and gays. They don't seem to use it as a word for us in casual parlance with normal inflection.

Do you expect them to ?

Do you expect them to ?

I don't hear Rangers fans generally using words with the same venom, all though I don't talk to many these days in England. So it's all pretty mild here and usually the words are Celtic or Tims. That's not always as polite when I meet a Celtic fan.

In fact I don't hear any other fans spitting words of hate out either.

Edited by calscot