RST Write to Senior SNP Figures Over IRA Pub Visit

Don't doubt for a minute that they have tried to get the tim vote to come over. But that is not the reason "why their stock has risen while the Labour Party's has fallen. Even if they got 2/3rds of the tim vote they still require 40% from rest of population to get to the 50% they achieved at GE.

you'd need to extrapolate those %ages to the population who can and did vote.

No I don't. What I have said is a reasonable approximation of the voters determination.

yes but you were talking about %ages of the population which is different from %ages of those allowed to vote and who did vote

yes but you were talking about %ages of the population which is different from %ages of those allowed to vote and who did vote

Ok then, so it's possible that the % of RC's who vote is less than the rest of the population. That makes your assertion even less likely, I was giving you 2/3 of RC vote which is probably on the high side.

No matter the majority achieved in the 2011 Scottish government elections, Scottish catholics are still seen as a key swing group.

They're politically active and account for 16% of the electorate so it's not a surprise the SNP want to keep/increase the 43% of those catholics that voted for them in 2011. Getting the Celtic vote onside by visiting slophouses such as these may or may not help in that regard but it will certainly put off many Rangers fans.

No matter the majority achieved in the 2011 Scottish government elections, Scottish catholics are still seen as a key swing group.

They're politically active and account for 16% of the electorate so it's not a surprise the SNP want to keep/increase the 43% of those catholics that voted for them in 2011. Getting the Celtic vote onside by visiting slophouses such as these may or may not help in that regard but it will certainly put off many Rangers fans.

Having gone through various Rangers forums while the indy campaign was in full swing Frankie I have to say that losing any Rangers supporters wouldn't bother the SNP too much. Going by online talk there aren't many anyhow.

Having gone through various Rangers forums while the indy campaign was in full swing Frankie I have to say that losing any Rangers supporters wouldn't bother the SNP too much. Going by online talk there aren't many anyhow.

You are correct that online Rangers fans don't vote SNP but they are a minority in the Rangers support.

I think there will be more SNP voters than many of us would care to admit. And certainly few who will identify with the other parties also.

Our empirical poll for last year's general election was interesting in that sense:

http://www.gersnet.co.uk/index.php/news-category/current-affairs/381-how-will-you-vote-in-the-general-election

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/more-rangers-fans-vote-snp-5650445#ZoiZWDMCBE23ZpHd.97

YouGov reported that at the GE RC's voted 48% SNP and 38% Slab. SNP got 50% of popular vote, so RC's voted approximately the same as the rest of the population.

All the more reason for Celtic supporting SNP candidates to canvass amongst their own kind. That's fine but the choice of venue left a lot to be desired and that point remains valid.