Brian Donohoe speaks on RF

Preparing and publicising an 'exit strategy' for himself is a curious way to start.

Why bother standing in the first place.

Given his half-hearted and grey message and how much he didn't achieve when 'speaking to the bad guys' maybe there are other candidates who would be better for the role.

I might be picking this up different guys, but I am reading that since his election he has found out the things he has mentioned in the article, like others resisting the professionalism he is trying to bring in, and if RF resists becoming more professionally run, he may have to leave.

Bringing in a constitution, articles of association and proper accountants and advisers are all part of him making RF more professional. His suggestions might be being met with resistance from some of his fellow newly-appointed Directors.

I'm still happy making my monthly contribution to RF, at the end of the day if we the support are to have any sort of bargaining power we need to keep putting our lot in.

To me it all looks like people setting up RF for a fall, revenge is sweet and all that. But in truth some people want to have a word with themselves.

It's the support that suffers ultimately here, or maybe that's what some want?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I might be picking this up different guys, but I am reading that since his election he has found out the things he has mentioned in the article, like others resisting the professionalism he is trying to bring in, and if RF resists becoming more professionally run, he may have to leave.

Bringing in a constitution, articles of association and proper accountants and advisers are all part of him making RF more professional. His suggestions might be being met with resistance from some of his fellow newly-appointed Directors.

RF does have Articles of Association http://www.rangersfirst.org/media/minutes-agendas-newsletters/doc_2014-03-04.pdf (not obvious when you look at the site, you need to fund the small print "downloads) but they read to me as very much off the shelf and allow them to do virtually anything; whereas I would have thought the company would have been restricted to its original objects i.e. buying shares or otherwise investing in the Club.

But the objects are very widely drawn:

"Objects

The objects of the Company are to carry on activities which benefit the community

and in particular (without limitation) to the community of Glasgow Rangers

supporters."

as are the powers:

Powers

To further its objects the Company may do all such lawful things as may further the

Company’s objects and, in particular, but, without limitation, may borrow or raise and

secure the payment of money for any purpose including for the purposes of

investment or of raising funds.

I did offer to help them write a Constitution or make the Articles more specific two years ago but they never took me up on it.

Lastly I think he means good enough to be a Director of Rangers not Rangers First since he's already been elected to that!