Morton game moved to Friday night, 11th march

Partick thistle vs C*ltic and Rangers vs Morton cannot ever be allowed on the same day how can we expect PS to cope with those massive games with a possible combined attendance of 60,000?

On the evening of April 19th 1972 Rangers played Bayern Munich at Ibrox while C*ltic were at home to Inter Milan, the attendances in those heady days in each game were recorded as 80,000 and 70,000 respectively. There was not one bit of bother that I can recall even with all those bloody Germans and crazy Italians thrown into the mix. :D

Footnote: Rangers won 2-0 to reach the ECWC Final, Inter won 5-4 on pens for a place in the EC Final. :rfcbouncy:

Get in touch nearer the time mate if you want to meet up for a few beers!,you know me,always up for a beer or ten:smokin:

Prepare to miss the first 5 minutes Craig.:drink::D

You will enjoy meeting Ian I am sure, I did.:rock:

Done :thup:

Will likely have my Mum & bro with me. Need to work on logistics :)

That's fine by me mate,your mum & brother are better company!:lol:.

Seriously though, I'm not sure yet if I will make the match,but if you are through in Edinburgh on the Saturday I could meet for a few?,anyway as I said nearer the time give me a shout and hopefully we can meet up for a few beers:thup:

Prepare to miss the first 5 minutes Craig.:drink::D

You will enjoy meeting Ian I am sure, I did.:rock:

Ian is a good bloke. Have had the pleasure of a few beers in his company a few times now, most recent being last October after the Queen of the South game. Good conversation, good company - can't ask for much more !!

Quick check of the games in March revealed ...

- Tuesday 1st

- Monday 7th

- Friday 11th

- Friday 18th

- Saturday 26th

... so we have exactly ONE game at the weekend, and thus far this has not yet been shifted from the ultra-normal 15.00 KO. Maybe I am wrong, but these shifted games will probably cost us between 10 to 20k in crowd numbers each, i.e. much needed revenue.

I actually don't mind the Friday night games, however sitting in the family section i would rather it was a Saturday afternoon as we take public transport to and from Ibrox. As some of the posts have said though, it doesn't matter what any of S/T holders or fans think, Police Scotland doing the fine job that they always do:crazy: decide its impossible to logistically arrange a game either A, sat night 17.30pm or b, Sunday 5pm for example(i imagine that would mean actually having to pay officers more to police, premium payment for Sunday working etc) so tbh while they are happy to move a Fireworks night in November to accommodate the other mob, its impossible to find a logical solution for us??

So Friday night it is. Nothing changes.:brick:

Edited by cooponthewing