Barry McKay hopes to sign new deal asap...

BARRIE MCKAY hopes to commit his long-term future to Rangers sooner rather than later as he edges closer to putting pen-to-paper on a new Ibrox deal.

The winger has made 32 appearances for Mark Warburton’s side this term as he has become an integral part of the Light Blues forward line.

After spending time out on loan at Morton and Raith in the last two campaigns, McKay’s resurgence has been one of the success stories of the season for Rangers and he is set to be rewarded with a new contract to keep him at the club in the coming years.

Warburton has already tied up Kenny Miller, Jason Holt and Andy Halliday on fresh terms in recent months as he bolsters his ranks ahead of the new season.

McKay is now keen to get his deal sorted as quickly as possible as he looks to continue his impressive form for the Gers and help Warburton’s side to the Championship crown this term.

He said: “Hopefully it can get done as soon as possible. I want to get it signed as soon as I can.

Share article

“I think we were just trying to get the January transfer window out the way and get whatever targets we had in. Now hopefully we will try and sort mine.

“Hopefully I can get it signed as soon as possible and it isn’t too far away. I want to get it done and commit my future here.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14262234.Barrie_McKay_hopes_to_pen_new_Rangers_deal_as_soon_as_possible/

Edited by ian1964

" Rangers boss Mark Warburton has told The Scottish Sun that he hopes to have an arrangement soon over the futures of Nicky Law, Dean Shiels and Nicky Clark.

The Gers manager saw his side draw 0-0 at home to Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup on Saturday afternoon, but they are top of the Scottish Championship, and are the avourites to win the title and return to the top flight of Scottish football.

Should Rangers get promoted, fans will be expecting some major incomings. Warburton has overseen some big signings already, with the likes of Wes Foderingham, Rob Kiernan, James Tavernier and Martyn Waghorn all playing big roles this season, whilst deadline day signing Michael O'Halloran should also be a massive addition, given his record for St. Johnstone.

Players coming in will be vital, but players going out will also be on the agenda, with three players coming to the end of their contracts at Ibrox, before you even factor in the six-month deals for January signings Maciej Gostomski and Harry Forrester.

Nicky Law, Dean Shiels and Nicky Clark are fringe players under Warburton, and wouldn't get into the Rangers side on a regular basis without injuries - and may look to leave for first-team football in the summer.

Now, manager Warburton has told The Scottish Sun that it's a 'big decision' for Rangers, and hopes to have an arrangement in place soon for all three players, as he knows they all want to play regularly; something Rangers may not be able to offer if they win promotion.

"It’s a balance. Looking at the finances, looking at how the squad is shaping up, where we are next season," said Warburton. "There are many aspects. I am very conscious that we have three guys — Nicky Law, Nicky Clark and Dean Shiels — in that situation. They have been magnificent this season in terms of attitude and work ethic."