Out of contract players this summer

I noticed that Sone Aluko is out of contract at Hull this summer. He'd sure fit into MWs system.

Templeton's train is most likely gone, and Clark will probably life his dream while it last, but not much longer. Law and Shiels are anyone's guess, pending on how they show up from now till the end of the season. AND ...much depends on what sort of players MW has on his radar, something we should not forget here. Miller can easily slip into a player-coaching role.

Sheils has done nothing since he came, and under 2 different managers. I don't know what you expect him to do in the last 3 months getting the odd half game. We now also have King and O'Halloran so we may not even see Sheils again.

Sheils has done nothing since he came, and under 2 different managers. I don't know what you expect him to do in the last 3 months getting the odd half game. We now also have King and O'Halloran so we may not even see Sheils again.

What I know is that he came on against St. Mirren methinks with us toiling, setting up three goals. Shiels is no winger like the two you mentioned, but an attacking midfielder. Maybe MW will rely on Holt, Halliday, McKay and Windass ... and no problem here. But Shiels served us well as a sub (!) and is by far more attack-minded than all of our midfield was today (which I do not blame on Halliday, who's a DM for half year now). It cannot be our standard to keep players "as impact fellows for the bench", of course. But likewise I wouldn't mind having him about for another year.

Cammy Bell, Dean Shiels, Nicky Law, David Templeton and Nicky Clark are all in the final months of their Ibrox deals and are free to speak with other clubs about a Bosman switch.

Warburton has already handed Kenny Miller a new contract for next term but the remainder of his squad will have to wait and see whether they will be kept on.

Warburton said: “They are working hard, their attitude is first class. Dean Shiels came on against Raith Rovers, I’ve been disappointed for Nicky Clark because if it hadn’t been for Andy Halliday’s sending off he’d have come on but that’s the nature of football and Dom came on as a defensive perspective.

“Nicky Clark has been first class, Nicky Law has been first class and started five of the last seven games.

“So they are in and around it but we have to see how our squad’s shaped up for next season, what the plans are and speak to the board. So once we have some clarity we can relay that.

“We’ve got to see how everything shapes up in terms of finances, in terms of potential targets and what we see and plan for next season.

“We speak to them regularly, every week we speak to them and hopefully we can come to a decision.”

While Shiels, Law and Clark have been regular members of Warburton’s squad, Bell has yet to make an appearance for the Gers after recovering from injury.

And winger Templeton faces a race against time to get back on the pitch and prove his worth between now and the end of the campaign.

Share article

Warburton said: “David’s had a knee operation. He played the first league game, he was picked but had an impact injury against Falkirk late in the game and had a problem with that.

“There was a floating bone problem and it’s now been resolved. He’s probably six to eight weeks away.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/14258101.