RST Dinner Dance with Walter Smith

The Rangers Supporters Trust is delighted to confirm details of this year's Annual Dinner Dance.

Walter Smith will be our guest of honour for the 2016 event, which will be held in the Crowne Plaza Hotel, Glasgow on Saturday 9th April.

Alongside Walter, guests will include ex-players (to be announced), comedian Bruce Morton, with ex-referee Bobby Tait hosting the event.

Early bird tickets priced at £450 for a table of ten or £50 for an individual ticket, are available until February 29th.

Tickets are available via the links below. We hope to see you there!

Buy Table For Ten Ticket - £450

Buy Individual Ticket - £50

- See more at: http://www.therst.co.uk/news/rst-dinner-dance-with-walter-smith/#sthash.rjxq2LY3.dpuf

When I've gone to these it's been a much posher affair than the Gersnet dinner. Just so we all know !

Well, clearly they're two very different formats.

I can heartily recommend both! ;)

Edited by Frankie

Wee question regarding the dance part. Not attended for a few years but when I did it was at least 90% male, has the male to female balance been redressed lately? Not against any males dancing together, each to their own.

Wee question regarding the dance part. Not attended for a few years but when I did it was at least 90% male, has the male to female balance been redressed lately? Not against any males dancing together, each to their own.

Going by the thread title I thought it was dinner and a dance with Walter Smith for your 50 notes !

Given he slaughtered the RST towards the end of his tenure on the " we deserve better " campaign , it's some change from Wattie

Was it not closer to the start rather than the "end" ?

You'd expect a manager to react in a negative way to such a campaign,...regardless of it's merits.

Then you add the political side with Sir Duped calling on him and a lot of others to come out and shout it down.

As for "change", the situation today is very different from 2009.

Possibly buster , but I'm not Wattie,s greatest fan from what he should have done to what he's actually done , another Rangers legend who looked after him and his instead of looking out for the club , but that's just my opinion .

But on the football front , like Ally he will always be a legend in my eyes , I just felt he could and should have done more.

If we had , had , change back then , then possibly what we are going through might never have happened , but we will never know will we .

Edited by rbr

Possibly buster , but I'm not Wattie,s greatest fan from what he should have done to what he's actually done , another Rangers legend who looked after him and his instead of looking out for the club , but that's just my opinion .

But on the football front , like Ally he will always be a legend in my eyes , I just felt he could and should have done more.

If we had , had , change back then , then possibly what we are going through might never have happened , but we will never know will we .

There are many things you could mention from back in the day but WS is still a 'big draw' for Rangers fans at a social event and there is obviously no bad feeling there.

However it could be argued that Ally is to a degree temporarily toxic.