Mike Ashley fails to stop Rangers attempts to block his voting rights

UEFA do not prohibit dual ownership AFAIK. For the simple reason it would never stand up in a law court.

HAHAHAHAHA....

So.... If the SFA haul us up over dual ownership you are suggesting that the Club take the SFA to court to prevent the imposed sanctions (I assume this is what you are suggesting given your reference to law courts) ? The very thought of the Club, with Dave King at the helm, in legal proceedings should be abhorred, no ? The very same thing you didn't want the Club to partake in you are now suggesting we would partake in, in the event the SFA punish us over dual ownership.

Laughable.

HAHAHAHAHA....

So.... If the SFA haul us up over dual ownership you are suggesting that the Club take the SFA to court to prevent the imposed sanctions (I assume this is what you are suggesting given your reference to law courts) ? The very thought of the Club, with Dave King at the helm, in legal proceedings should be abhorred, no ? The very same thing you didn't want the Club to partake in you are now suggesting we would partake in, in the event the SFA punish us over dual ownership.

Laughable.

The SFA can't charge us with dual ownership. As I've explained on here (umpteen times) Ashley has a shareholding limit imposed by the SFA which he hasn't exceeded to my knowledge. He breached SFA rules by appointing L&L

The SFA can't charge us with dual ownership. As I've explained on here (umpteen times) Ashley has a shareholding limit imposed by the SFA which he hasn't exceeded to my knowledge. He breached SFA rules by appointing L&L

We were fined £500 for the L&L, and we were fined £5K for the other stuff. Try telling the SFA that they can't charge us.

We were fined £500 for the L&L, and we were fined £5K for the other stuff. Try telling the SFA that they can't charge us.

What 'other stuff' is that ? Are you saying Ashley voted at the 2013 & 14 AGM's & we got fined £5K as a result ?

King has picked a fight with someone with far greater power & wealth than he has & it is RANGERS who are suffering as a result

There are time, more often than not, that David MUST take on Goliath for what is RIGHT.

Your post above suggests that Dave King shouldn't fight this legal battle simply because Ashley has far greater power & wealth. That is a ridiculous suggestion if the Club has appropriate legal recourse. I personally APPLAUD Dave King & the Board of RFC for standing up for the Club and taking on a monumental (in terms of wealth) foe. If we don't stand up for our rights then we risk being trampled over.

ashley was fined £7500 later dropped to £1000 which he is still contesting at court as far as i am aware. The club was fined £5k for 3 breaches of rules one of which was bringing the game into disrepute or something along the lines of not in the best interest of football if my memory serves.

The fines have nothing to do with shares they were for control of management or administration at two clubs without prior written consent. You can have control of two clubs you just need to have permission from the sfa first.

Edited by trublusince1982

What 'other stuff' is that ? Are you saying Ashley voted at the 2013 & 14 AGM's & we got fined £5K as a result ?

FFS. Why are you so pro-Ashley? Surely doing anything to limit his influence is good?

Also not sure why you need it so exact. The club were fined for bad faith. which could happen again if Ashley is allowed to vote at an AGM. What has happened in the past isn't that relevant, but who's to say what happens in the future if Ashley increases his shareholding, something the club are powerless to prevent. However they can stop him and those who he influences form voting.

And yes, Ashley voted for the appointment of Llambias at an AGM.