Ronny Deila thinks Celtic would be like Real Madrid and Barcelona with Premier League

RONNY DEILA reckons if Celtic had the cash available to clubs in England they could be as big as Barcelona and Real Madrid.

The harsh reality of the Hoops being a stepping stone for players to the riches of the English Premier League disappoints the Celtic boss.

He watched his side beat St Johnstone 3-1 at Parkhead on Saturday to re-establish their six-point lead over Aberdeen at the top of the Premiership.

He knows that new signings – such as Danish arrival Erik Sviatchenko – have ambitions to move to the cash-rich leagues of England.

Deila understands Celtic can’t compete with clubs in the English Championship, let alone big guns such as Manchester United and Chelsea, but with more money he believes the Parkhead side could be a global power.

Deila said: “Erik said, ‘I see you had Jason Denayer and Virgil van Dijk last year and I see where they are now’.

“That was a positive thing for him. He sees if you come here there is the possibility to take the next step.

“But I agree with those fans who get irritated at Celtic being just a stepping stone. We are a very big club – but not a rich club.

“Just imagine what Celtic would be like if they were in the English Premier League – they would be in the same category as Real Madrid and Barcelona.

“You could go from Celtic to these clubs the way players go from Man United.”

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/637447/Ronny-Deila-Celtic-like-Real-Madrid-Barcelona-Premier-League-cash

:roflmao::D

Edited by ian1964

They've been downsizing year on year since we left the top division.

Not surprisingly their knuckle-dragging support cannot see this.

They do see it Rab...they have a thing there where the (supporters) light up their mobile phones at given moments during the game to indicate their disgust at Delia...he's not fooling anyone.

I actually don't think he is that wrong. I think if Celtic and Rangers had Premiership money we would be up with the best teams in Europe.

I don't think we would. Liverpool cant attract the best players because they don't want to live in Liverpool - I suspect the same would happen with Glasgow.

I don't think we would. Liverpool cant attract the best players because they don't want to live in Liverpool - I suspect the same would happen with Glasgow.

Manchester isn't any different from Liverpool or Glasgow for that matter...in fact out of the three Glasgow is a far better and safer city. The problem Glasgow has, in relation to footballers wanting to come here is simple.

Glasgow clubs are NOT ALLOWED into the English PL.

Manchester isn't any different from Liverpool or Glasgow for that matter...in fact out of the three Glasgow is a far better and safer city. The problem Glasgow has, in relation to footballers wanting to come here is simple.

Glasgow clubs are NOT ALLOWED into the English PL.

I liked Manchester as a city a whole lot more than Liverpool. Personal preference I guess.

We will agree to disagree on the OF being up there with the Barcelona's and Madrid's of the world.