Rangers First vote to offer club £500,000 loan

You indicated your preference for them by voting on a public poll on here (even though you thought it was private).

IIRC that was a poll about the AGM vote to remove the said persons from the Board, it was not a beauty contest because there were no other contestants for the positions. Therefore voting against Gersnet voting for their removal was not an indication that I preferred them to anyone else, it was merely an indication that I was opposed to their removal at that time.

Checking back, I see I was not alone, there were two such votes :D

Wow, that's a biggy, AWB, and I just said, I want my dinner.

Just to clarify, the money that fans subscribe to RF are "donations in to the Community Interest Company in this case, Rangers First";

See more at: http://www.rangersfirst.org/frequently-asked-questions/#sthash.TT32JlUQ.dpuf

I'm sorry if I gave the impression that any loan that RF might make to Rangers would itself be a donation, that's certainly not the case. That said, your suggestion of trading cash for influence is correct in my understanding of what was proposed for the future, though the timing may have changed with changing circumstances.

I'll come back to this if I may.

Have you thought about coming along to the dinner, I doubt Messrs Stein and Johnston will be much interested in this subject but it is a good atmosphere for discussion with fellow Bears.

Yes BH i always give it thought, but my time in Glasgow is generally short, up and down to the North East England in the one day. I take my nephews from Glasgow home after the match and that takes time chatting to my sister etc. But i promise to try, the lads sound a great bunch of Bears. Thanks for the reply.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

IIRC that was a poll about the AGM vote to remove the said persons from the Board, it was not a beauty contest because there were no other contestants for the positions. Therefore voting against Gersnet voting for their removal was not an indication that I preferred them to anyone else, it was merely an indication that I was opposed to their removal at that time.

Checking back, I see I was not alone, there were two such votes :D

King, Murray and Gilligan weren't contestants?

The removal of David Somers as a director of the Company 80 100.00%

The removal of James Easdale as a director of the Company 79 98.75%

The removal of Derek Llambias as a director of the Company 79 98.75%

The removal of Barry Leach as a director of the Company 75 93.75%

The appointment of David King as a director of the Company 78 97.50%

The appointment of Paul Murray as a director of the Company. 75 93.75%

The appointment of John Gilligan as a director of the Company 72 90.00%

Multiple Choice Poll.

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?68540-EGM-poll-(FOR-removals-appointments)&highlight=AGM

Hi BH i have been enjoying the discussion this afternoon, just a couple of things from my perspective on this post.

I think you are correct in calling the loan RF would give the club as a donation" Although under financial regulations it must be classed as a loan or investment, i'm sure you'll clarify that. Some of the support would like to call it a gift, whatever we call it there are strings attached, not so much a return of capital on the donation, like interest or shares, , But more of a trade, cash for influence and power. Me i would rather it was a straight purchase of an asset like the Albion car Park for the cash. I know you have said in the past that that would prove difficult with the large Shareholders, although all sorts of shenanigans of loans for the rights to Rangers Intellectual Properties without so much as a whimper went on.

The club did needed extra investment or loans to clear the Ashley debt at the new year, The RF had been letting it be known they were in a postilion and wanted to give loans to the club, Why do you think Dave king and the club never approached them for that extra financing, but choose some new lenders instead?

Totally disagree with this. What gives Rangers first the right to own assets of the club. All assets should belong to the club and that should never change. If Rangers first want more shares then great but if we start selling assets to any set up supporters groups then we are completely on the wrong road.

Alex, just for clarity here, the result of the poll has not been announced since the closing date for voting is Sunday 10th of January 2016.

I wonder if you mean Rangers response, rather than the result of the poll?

No, not Rangers response, just the way the result was assumed to be in favour before actual closure. But thanks anyway.