The 4th Gersnet Dinner on 30 January 2016: Featuring Willie Johnston & Colin Stein

Going to court and not giving us the info and going to an Indian for a steak. Get a grip of yourself FS you'll be wearing woman's tights next.:seal:

I'm glad you said all that, Pete, not me; you don't have to face FS wrath at the dinner.

He's a pussycat really :D

Do us newbees have to wear an avatar name tag for identification and is there an initiation ceremony like having to strip naked and sing or having our heeds ducked doon the lavi pan or does a bog standard secret handshake suffice? :P

Do us newbees have to wear an avatar name tag for identification and is there an initiation ceremony like having to strip naked and sing or having our heeds ducked doon the lavi pan or does a bog standard secret handshake suffice? :P

My mate Hastie usually has his heid down the lavi pan so you should be ok there... :whistle:

This is a highly organised affair, Onevision, the organiser has an offical clipboard (bought at great personal expense, I might add) and everyone gets a stick on name tag with their pseudonyms and real names, colour codied depending on number of appearances.

Personally, I would avoid stripping in case of accidents with the curry.

This is a highly organised affair, Onevision, the organiser has an offical clipboard (bought at great personal expense, I might add) and everyone gets a stick on name tag with their pseudonyms and real names, colour codied depending on number of appearances.

Personally, I would avoid stripping in case of accidents with the curry.

Funny you should say that I was in an Indian restaurant once(of many times) I can't remember the name but it was on the corner of Sauchiehall street and Eldersliestreet which is on the Kelvingrove side of Charing Cross. The waiter came up to a table with a trolley and put the curry on a plate and then set it alight to Flambé it. He then went to put the plate on the table but dropped it on the customers lap. The guy was screaming and was rushed away to the kitchen. He did come back and eat a meal but I guess it did not end there.

Edited by pete

Funny you should say that I was in an Indian restaurant once(of many times) I can't remember the name but it was on the corner of Sauchiehall street and Eldersliestreet which is on the Kelvingrove side of Charing Cross. The waiter came up to a table with a trolley and put the curry on a plate and then set it alight to Flambé it. He then went to put the plate on the table but dropped it on the customers lap. The guy was screaming and was rushed away to the kitchen. He did come back and eat a meal but I guess it did not end there.

I passed that curry house a few weeks ago when going to get my visa to go on holiday. Back in the early 70's it was a pub/function venue called The Three Pigeons. It was very popular with us guys holding nights out for stag do's, weddings, finished apprenticeship, etc.

I passed that curry house a few weeks ago when going to get my visa to go on holiday. Back in the early 70's it was a pub/function venue called The Three Pigeons. It was very popular with us guys holding nights out for stag do's, weddings, finished apprenticeship, etc.

Yes I believe that was originally the Three Pigeons but it has now had a few Indian names. I believe it is now called Mr Singhs but it was then the Ashoka(after googling.:)) Edit. Was the three pigeons not on the other side of the road. I think it was.

Edited by pete