The 4th Gersnet Dinner on 30 January 2016: Featuring Willie Johnston & Colin Stein

OK here's the update.

Apparently, the restaurant has become more popular with Rangers fans both pre and post match, which is allowing the owner, Sanjay, to put a bit more pressure on us this time. It's also understandable in view of what happened last May.

The restaurant holds 35 but they will still close it for us provided we can commit to 25 people by a week before i.e. Saturday 23rd.

Also they no longer do the £10 deal on match days (and bear in mind that we got full a la carte 3 courses for that ridiuculously cheap price last time) but I still managed to negotiate £12 all in. So allowing for a guest I can charge £12.50 per head. (We also have £69.15 in the kitty which we can find a way to use up, no suggestions required.)

The Menu is unchanged from last time except in terms of desserts which will be restricted to ensure better service on this occasion.

Spiced poppadoms will be provided as we gather.

They will then offer a Chefs Platter of Starters consisting of: Mixed Pakora; Chicken Chaat, Aloo Tikki, Seekh Kebaba and Chicken Tikka.

Guests will then have a free choice from the full a la carte menu featuring: Tandoori chicken, lamb, king prawns etc; and a full range of cooked to order in-house specials including Korma, Bhoona, Biryani, Chasni, Jaipuri, Masala, Nashli, Malaidar, Shakuti, Rogan Josh, Balti, Patia, Dhansac etc.

Nan bread, chapattis and boiled rice as required.

European dishes are available if required:

Sirloin Steak

Breaded Haddock & Chips

Chicken & Chips

but these need to be pre-ordered.

A variety of Desserts will be available including the traditional Indian hot Gulab Jamin with ice cream.

Guest Speaker

I am still working on this and hope to be able to make an announcement later in the week

Price & Payment

The price for all of the above will be an extremely modest £12.50 per person.

In view of the low price I do not propose to take deposits and again with the experience of last May in mind, for the avoidance of doubt, there will be no refunds after 23 January, unless in exceptional circumstances. My decison on that will be final, subect to appeal to the site admin.

For those who have attended the previous dinners the same bank details will apply for payment. Please quote your Gersnet name as a reference. For anyone who hasn’t saved those details or newcomers please PM me for the bank account details.

Please post to the thread when you have sent payment and I will confirm.

Edited by BrahimHemdani