Rangers Query SFA On Falkirk Penalty!

W Collum is a very poor referee, theres nothing really to add.

Except that he is one of too many poor referees we have at the moment.

If Craig Thomson is/was supposed to be the best we've a serious problem. He's the referee I dread the most refereeing a Rangers game.

When Liewell told Rhegan a few years back to sack Hugh Dallas & also the strike, I think that's where a lot of problems began

Edited by RANGERRAB

The fact is the game has become too fast for one referee so we need to get the use of video replays in use. Football is one of the few sports that don't use it. I was hopeful with the fall of Blatter and his cronies we may have got it but with the betting community moving in to football the corruption is probably here to stay.

I don't mean Collum is corrupt I do think the betting community is corrupt.

With respect to BH I was directly in line when the Wilson tackle was made and could not believe the decision by Columb and also thought it was a joke when he handed us a penalty at the end he is a total incompetent and how he is going to Euro finals is beyond me.

The report on Madden was taken I think from a Hibz article,it is his first handling of one of their games,l hope he keeps the game flowing and does not hold things up while boot laces are re-tied!!!!.

No problem with that MacK, it's all about opinions.

I think the one we got probably WAS a penalty, although the referee could not have seen the actual hand ball (if it was handled) and I think he gave it more on instinct than anything else.

I have a feeling that it might be seen as "Cullum's "turn" so to speak in terms of the Euros; he's been the no. 2 behind Thomson in theory at least, for so long now that he has probably "earned" his chance in the eyes of the people who make these decisions. That said he appears to have made a lot of high profile errors not least in the Juventus v Monaco CL Quarter Final last season.

Collum draws ire of Monaco after further refereeing blunders

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13211002.Collum_draws_ire_of_Monaco_after_further_refereeing_blunders/

Nonetheless he refereed the European Super Cup Final between Barcelona and Sevilla at the start of this season and he has refereed three Champions League games and two Euro Championship qualifiers this season.

So whatever we might think of him, he is VERY highly regarded in Europe.

Bobby Madden has been appointed to three Europa League games this season and did our Petrofac semi v St Mirren without any great incident IIRC.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I see we have Bobby Madden tomorrow for Hibs visit, that worries me also.

I wish it was as easy to predict the lotto numbers! Madden refused to book three blatant Hibs dives, gave Henderson a yellow for a straight red lunge at Wallace, refused to book Cummings for the worst piece of kicking the ball away I have ever seen go unpunished, refused to book Fyvie for his kick at Halliday in the lead-up to Halliday's red. Of course he got the red card wrong as well. So I think he should have issued 4 more yellow and one red than he did. That is all i can recall off the top of my head, I know there was more I was angry about during the game.

While not the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen, I knew it was going to be bad and controversial, he is that type of referee, as is Collum. They want to be the stars, the talking points, instead of anonymous as they should be.