SoS:- What easdale really got in return for his £500k loan

Thanks

Popular with morons

Actually that's a bit harsh but you would have to have been touched to fall for green and pretty daft to have had whyte as your first choice.

Anyone who was still supporting green Co by the time of the Easdales ought to be thoroughly ashamed of themselves.

38k who bought ST's in 2012. Are they all 'morons' as you suggest? I'd say it was only as time went on during Green's tenure that more & more people started to get suspicious culminating in his sudden departure following his daft remark about Ahmad forcing him to resign.

His first big mistake was bringing in the Easdales presumably so as to give the impression of having 'Rangers men' on the board. That was never going to work & didn't.

Green also had a big advantage in that no one really knew anything about him or his business background other than a brief, unsuccessful stint at Sheffield Utd.

Whyte was totally different. Many, including myself, found out about Whyte fairly easily early doors & nothing that followed surprised me. I don't believe SDM willingly sold to Whyte and those in LBG and the SFA who failed to heed the vociferous warnings by PM & AJ should be brought to account.

That said I see no reason not to trust the current board who genuinely have the best interests of Rangers at heart. However their biggest challenge will be providing the funds required to get us promoted this season & challenging the yahoos next season. I believe Mr King is way OTT in seeming to suggest we need as much as £30m to challenge the yahoos who have been in consistent decline every season since we left the top division.

If you dont like the concept of a fan bringing a book out-----then dont buy it,that really should be the end of the matter.

If you want to wait untill some nomark journalist brings one out,then thats your choice as well.

There already has been a book released about our '' Downfall'' and several documentaries along with countless blogs. Most of them have been written by our enemies, i for one are looking forward to the truth being told for once.

There already has been a book released about our '' Downfall'' and several documentaries along with countless blogs. Most of them have been written by our enemies, i for one are looking forward to the truth being told for once.

The truth as Craig sees it. The trailer for the book seems more commercial minded as truth for me. BUT as they say never judge a book by it's cover

"But the only reward I ever want is to pay my money at the turnstile and watch Rangers play at Ibrox without worrying about what is happening at the club.

"I just want to sit and watch the team play again. I really can't wait for next week when we have our next home game. I just want to go, sit down and hopefully enjoy watching the game again."

Seemingly he has changed his mind to the rewards he wants.

Craig said himself that he had a gentleman's agreement not to release certain secrets of the Easdales and that makes me very suspicious.

Why would the Easdales give him information that could hurt them? There may be a perfect reason for it but even Craig Houston should not be above suspicion.

I am even suspicious of the police by the way

If you read the OP carefully and can interpret it with a modicum of sense, then surely you can see and understand the background to this.

CH visited and spoke to SE with a view of facilitating regime change.

For this type of frank discussion to take place, it is natural SE would have asked for X & Y to remain off the record.

It appears that CH agreed subject to the condition of SE not to be in the news wrt Rangers, once he had left the board.

Journalists who hanker for exclusives to further their career have to sometimes agree to staying 'off the record' when conversing with X. It must be frustrating for them but they know if they go against their word that the future will be more difficult.

You talk of giving away information that might hurt them.

Firstly it was off the record (subject to at least one condition) and secondly they were leaving Ibrox and if in the future revealed, it wouldn't really hurt them in any significant way. This is very apparent given the reaction to this news has been muted.

IMO you are well out of order on this thread because the grounds for 'suspicion' you point towards are without base.

The truth as Craig sees it. The trailer for the book seems more commercial minded as truth for me. BUT as they say never judge a book by it's cover

What does that even mean ?

If you are saying that this post from CH is a trailer for the book, designed to shift more copies and that the veracity of the information is dubious then again you are wll out of order, unless you have good grounds to believe the info untrue.

I think pete's entitled to have his doubts about CH's intentions when it comes to publishing books and setting up youth teams on the back of being a protest figurehead and subsequent private meetings with folks such as Sandy Easdale. As long as the criticism is fairly worded that's fine.

However, I think it's only fair to point out the excellent work CH has done over the last few years also. Off-the-record discussions were always going to be part of any campaign for change and while I'd be critical of CH's judgement on occasion when it comes to the releasing of such info, we're pretty naive if we think everything is done in an open, minuted way.

In my own opinion, I think Craig Houston has been inspirational in the way he took the concerns many thousands of us had and actually did something about it. The lad isn't perfect and we don't need to like him (or buy his book) but we should acknowledge and respect the work he has done. I protested alongside him many times and can only take my hat off to the hard work he put in - work which cost him financially and personally over the years. Let's remember this website has faced litigation more than once but that's a drop in the ocean compared to what Craig has faced publicly (and privately I'm sure).

In that sense, I'm very interested in what he has to say in his book and respect his right to tell the story. If he can make a few pounds back from the money he's spent along the way, so be it.

After all there was and still is nothing stopping any one of us doing the same.

What does that even mean ?

If you are saying that this post from CH is a trailer for the book, designed to shift more copies and that the veracity of the information is dubious then again you are wll out of order, unless you have good grounds to believe the info untrue.

I am talking about the preview of his book. Probably not called a trailer. Excuse my English but it is getting rusty. Nothing to do with the opening post.