Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

They probably got the fees from the same source as dB :)

Nah, they take them from here! :D

Meanwhile ...

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 2 hrs

Accrington owner says Rangers "could resell & take any profit" but his club gets 1.5% of all of Windass' future fees

... sounds like a deal now. But we will know soon enough.

Nah, they take them from here! :D

Meanwhile ...

Grant Russell ‏@STVGrant 2 hrs

Accrington owner says Rangers "could resell & take any profit" but his club gets 1.5% of all of Windass' future fees

... sounds like a deal now. But we will know soon enough.

1.5% ??? That isn't very much...

1.5% ??? That isn't very much...

Well, something like that should be included in all outgoing transfers. Much of it will not bring in significant money, but sometimes: Toni Kroos moved from lowly Hansa Rostock to Bayern Munich a few ages ago, with Hansa only due a meagre development fee. Bayern sold him to Real for Euro 30m and Hansa got a healthy 300k. Peanuts for Bayern and Real, but for Hansa very welcome indeed.

Well, something like that should be included in all outgoing transfers. Much of it will not bring in significant money, but sometimes: Toni Kroos moved from lowly Hansa Rostock to Bayern Munich a few ages ago, with Hansa only due a meagre development fee. Bayern sold him to Real for Euro 30m and Hansa got a healthy 300k. Peanuts for Bayern and Real, but for Hansa very welcome indeed.

In our world though, 1.5% would be more like selling a player for £3m and Stanley getting £45k.

Agree with the sentiment.... only thing I would say is that even big name signings don't guarantee instant success.

Ours right now is a much more measured approach. After the last 3 years I cant fathom the mentality of some of our fans in terms of wanting to splash the cash. Cash should be spent on the infrastructure first IMHO - revenue streams and cost cutting exercises (scouting comes under this because you can get a better player cheaper if you have the right scouting). Long term value enhancers. Splashing money on players who may or may not make it is a short term attempt to fix a long term problem.

Even if it means a few years before we win the league I prefer to secure the future with a proper infrastructure over a "boom and bust" attempt to win the league by throwing money at the problem. You would have thought we had learnt that lesson from the SDM years....

Personally I think it is just so they can have a dig at King. I think they thought when he said he would put in 30 mill we would go for 5 players at 6 mill each

Personally I think it is just so they can have a dig at King. I think they thought when he said he would put in 30 mill we would go for 5 players at 6 mill each
personally i think it has more to do with the fact they have been watching Scottish football and especially rangers for years and are massively sceptical that this level of consistent acquisition can either win the premier or qualify for Europe.

That and anyone with any knowledge of the patience shown by an Ibrox crowd which has basically written off one of the top ten rated youth talents in England in less than 6 months will somehow accept players of this calibre as building blocks for an improved future as anything other than a pipe dream.

personally i think it has more to do with the fact they have been watching Scottish football and especially rangers for years and are massively sceptical that this level of consistent acquisition can either win the premier or qualify for Europe.

That and anyone with any knowledge of the patience shown by an Ibrox crowd which has basically written off one of the top ten rated youth talents in England in less than 6 months will somehow accept players of this calibre as building blocks for an improved future as anything other than a pipe dream.

In Warburton we trust though :D