Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

I was in the same boat as you on this matter until earlier this evening when one of the usual turds on BBC Sportsound raised the point that they may now be frozen out at Accrington and when we get them in June/July will not have played a competitive game in 6 or so months. Apparently this is something the manager there is willing to do, probably a tactic to try get a few more pieces of silver than the compensation they are due at the end of the season. Now I'm unsure.

I don't see this as an issue. In the unlikely event that they don't play them then (they won't get injured and) they will still get a full pre-season with the rest of the squad and there's the reformatted LC as well.

I think we are on a no lose situation here.

How do you figure we don't need them? A few weeks ago we couldn't beat Morton at home!

Firstly the team have shown in the last two matches that they are perfectly well capable of sweeping all opposition aside in this division.

Secondly, I remain unconvinced that English League two players will make the required difference. I am unimpressed by Kiernan who came from Accrington and to my mind is error prone and struggling above his level. Looking at their records, Windass may well be a gem who has never played elsewhere than Accrington and may be too good for them; but Crooks couldn't make the breakthrough at Championship Huddersfield and may have found his level having moved up from non league at Halifax. However, it seems his preferred position is CB and that is certainly an area we need to look at. That said he's only 21 like Windass so you never know.

Josh Windass and Matt Crooks have agreed outline terms with Rangers with a view to pre-contract deals, BBC Scotland has learned.

The midfielders are currently with Accrington Stanley but are out of contract at the end of the season.

The proposed deals would be subject to medicals as well as compensation fees with both players aged 21.

Windass has been with Accrington since 2013 while Crooks joined the English League Two club last year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35239440

Edited by chilledbear

I was in the same boat as you on this matter until earlier this evening when one of the usual turds on BBC Sportsound raised the point that they may now be frozen out at Accrington and when we get them in June/July will not have played a competitive game in 6 or so months. Apparently this is something the manager there is willing to do, probably a tactic to try get a few more pieces of silver than the compensation they are due at the end of the season. Now I'm unsure.

Unwise of their manager to do that considering they are still in the promotion hunt. Their call though.

Firstly the team have shown in the last two matches that they are perfectly well capable of sweeping all opposition aside in this division.

Secondly, I remain unconvinced that English League two players will make the required difference. I am unimpressed by Kiernan who came from Accrington and to my mind is error prone and struggling above his level. Looking at their records, Windass may well be a gem who has never played elsewhere than Accrington and may be too good for them; but Crooks couldn't make the breakthrough at Championship Huddersfield and may have found his level having moved up from non league at Halifax. However, it seems his preferred position is CB and that is certainly an area we need to look at. That said he's only 21 like Windass so you never know.

Not sure where you get your data from, but Kiernan played about 3 months at Accrington Stanley 3 years ago, while Crooks has played 21 league games (5 goals, 2 assists) for AS this season, as a defensive midfielder.

Kiernan

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-kiernan/profil/spieler/99463

Crooks

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-crooks/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/169416/saison/2015/wettbewerb/GB4/verein/3688

Luca Gasparotto

‏@lucagasparotto3

Papers signed, delighted to be staying on loan at @Morton_FC until the end of the season. Really enjoying playing and getting experience ⚽️

Not sure where you get your data from, but Kiernan played about 3 months at Accrington Stanley 3 years ago, while Crooks has played 21 league games (5 goals, 2 assists) for AS this season, as a defensive midfielder.

Kiernan

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/rob-kiernan/profil/spieler/99463

Crooks

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/matt-crooks/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/169416/saison/2015/wettbewerb/GB4/verein/3688

Slight bit of peotic licence on Kiernan but 5 of the 9 teams he played for in the 5 seasons before joining us were in League Two inc Accrington. Perhaps I should have said "who came from a mainly League Two background".

Crooks as a CB came from here:

Following his return in mid-February, Crooks was praised for his return from injury and playing as a central defence....... Crooks finally made his first team début at centre back for the Terriers in the 4–0 defeat by A.F.C. Bournemouth on 9 August 2014 in the opening game of the season

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Crooks

but he does appear to be a versatile player.

Edited by BrahimHemdani