Richard Wilson vs Graham Spiers

The main point from Jo is that Rangers broke no rules - you can't "break" tax laws as long as you submit a true return. All it means is that, if you get it wrong, your tax liabilities are higher - as may be the case. If Rangers finally lose the case then it's just a tax bill that becomes due, and until the case is complete, that bill is not substantiated. Where is the cheating?

Well put.

The other point is that, even if we ultimately win the appeal, we've already suffered the consequences for not being able to pay that tax bill. i.e. insolvency, resulting in sporting sanctions, resulting in demotion. And assuming HMRC win, where's the difference from any other club that spent money they couldn't afford chasing success, and came a financial cropper?

Some notable celts: O'Neil, Larssen, McStay, McNeil, er, em, er - well, there must be some others but who have they trotted out to squeal about title stripping? Darren O'Dea. Oh dear God..

Speirs should be squirming He admits EBTs were legal at the time but they were used for an illegal purpose i.e. Saving tax . Jings.

Spiers wont change opinion after speaking to the tax QC - he'll just do what he did with Neil Patey and mock him while referring to anonymous tax experts that agree with his opinions.

I think it's Spiers who researches the anonymous tax experts on social media and runs with their overview of the situation. Alongside this he spouts contradictory qualifications that are designed to allow a claim of reasonableness and a get-out clause.

Spiers gets by without doing any real traditional journalism and nor does he have an in-depth knowledge of the game itself.

In an age when journalism is going down the tubes for various reasons,...... Spiers, instead of trying to buck the trend, has decided to jump on the downhill ride.

I could take an opposing view from a real objective journalist who had gone out and did his digging but I think BBC licence fee payers get a raw deal on the money that will be paid out to what is essentially a 'fraud'.

Spiers is "obviously at it", as he likes to put it about Rangers.

He compares us to Lance Armstrong.

Lets compare:

1. Deliberately breaking unambiguous rules to gain an advantage.

LA - yes, RFC - no, CFC no

2. Intentionally breaking ambiguous rules to gain an advantage.

LA - yes, RFC - no, CFC yes

3. Dodgy use of tax loop holes

LA - don't know, RFC - yes, CFC yes

4. Declaring facts of contentious procedures to the sporting authorities

LA - no, RFC - yes, CFC no

5. Covering up and denying contentious procedures

6. Guilty of crimes

7. Dodgy use of moral principles to gain an advantage

8. Subverting the integrity of democracy for sporting advantage

LA - don't know, RFC - no, CFC yes

9. Corrupting governing bodies to change rules on the fly to gain sporting advantage

10. Attempting to pressure governing bodies to remove titles of rivals using erroneous reasons for sporting advantage

So it seems Rangers are nothing like Lance, whereas Celtic have some similarities and are in some cases worse.

I listened to Cosgrove and Spiers salivating at the prospect of title stripping on Saturday evening, stomach churning stuff. However, Spiers appears to be breaking ranks, in that on Saturday he was of the same opinion as Cosgrove on BDO NOT appealing the decision. Tonight, he agrees with Wilson that the decision will be appealed.

More on BBC Scotland's Rangers hate fest on Saturday, later in the week. A wee tit bit, Cosgrove described himself live on air as, "the show's box to box midfielder, driving the agenda on" Further, he added, "and Tam is the finisher".

Speirs very much aspouses to the "fling enough shite at the wall, some of it will stick" theory of forming and articulating opinions. He can then claim he held said view at one point and therefore is never wrong.

I don;t believe it, Rangers supporters still listening to the BBC Bias Radio and Radio Clyde for that matter. I don't listen to their agenda and i'm much healthier for it, Low blood pressure and regular heart beat, apart from my prostate problem of a pish stream that looks like a Spider's thread, i'm in top form.