The EBT Cup Finals: Players who lost out to Rangers have their say

No matter what we or other players, managers et al think, if the SPFL cabal decides that more action is to be taken, we should fight it with everything we have.

If the cabal decides to try and take further actions it will be at the direct instruction of Lieswell,and I'm certain this will be fought tooth and nail by the club

Well, of course we didn't cheat - that wasn't my point. I was merely turning the issue around to show how we may feel if the shoe was on the other foot.

Sorry, I thought you were referring to the Marseilles bribery scandal.

SPFL will do nothing. Firstly they'll sit on their hands while an appeal against this goes through the motions. HMRC will lose again I reckon so it will quietly disappear. Even if that didn't happen I doubt the SPFL will want to alienate our support further................and I think that includes Lawell

SPFL will do nothing. Firstly they'll sit on their hands while an appeal against this goes through the motions. HMRC will lose again I reckon so it will quietly disappear. Even if that didn't happen I doubt the SPFL will want to alienate our support further................and I think that includes Lawell

Does the SPFL have the funds to fight a legal battle over this? They didn't the last time.

If the cabal decides to try and take further actions it will be at the direct instruction of Lieswell,and I'm certain this will be fought tooth and nail by the club

I think it was him & his chums whom the club statement on Wednesday night was aimed at.

Liewell is under pressure from his own fans and a decision to strip us of titles will make him very popular with them.

To strip titles there would need to be a mechanism for doing so such as a specific rule in the SPFL rule book which would allow them to do so. Is there one?

Or set up a commission & hope it finds in their favour. It didn't the last time when they tried to go down this route with LNS hoping the EBT's would be considered to have given Rangers an unfair advantage. That failed when LNS said there had been no sporting advantage although he did say the EBT's should have been declared.

To go down the route of trying to remove titles may prove rather tricky if they decide to do that. For starters Rangers didn't deliberately withhold tax.They thought the EBT scheme was exempt from tax and that may still be the case if an appeal to the Supreme Court is successful. Also HMRC didn't advise Rangers of the tax liability until nine years after the EBT scheme had been in operation.

Edited by RANGERRAB