Former Rangers star Gazza announces NEW talk in Scotland next year

A FOOTBALL icon is coming to Irvine for a special night of entertainment.

Former Tottenham, Rangers and England legend Paul Gascoigne will take part in a tell-all Q&A at the Magnum Leisure Centre on Friday, February 19 next year.

The Irvine Times reports that Ex-midfielder Gazza will sit down for a full interview in front of what's sure to be a packed crowd to tell stories about his tumultuous but remarkable life.

The troubled star's lengthy battle with alcoholism, which has blighted his life off the field, has been well documented.

But over the past year the 48-year-old has participated in a number of similar events to great acclaim. The event is being organised by former Irvine boxing star Ryan Brawley and his wife Claire.

And it's not just Gascoigne that punters can look forward to seeing.

Top Scottish stand-up Gary Little will be providing entertainment on the night. Standard tickets cost £30 with VIP tickets costing £115.

The VIP ticket will include a drinks reception, buffet, meet and greet plus photo and free entry into the prize draw. Tickets will be available soon but card payments can be taken now.

For tickets call Claire (07891123328), Ryan (07715683448) or call 01294 537231.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news/13925827.Former_Rangers_star_Gazza_announces_NEW_talk_in_Scotland_next_year/

I get that Gascoigne was a good player but this is not great taste given he's just pled guilty to harassing his ex-girlfriend and assaulting a photographer. I'm not saying people on this forum do so, but this is idolising Gazza because he's 'Rangers' whilst constantly having a go at Stan Collymore is hypocrisy at best.

While I agree that Gazza was a wonderful footballer who we were lucky to get his best years out of him, I lost all respect for Gazza the man when he admitted to wife-beating. I will have nothing to do with him and will not support anything he does, like this event, as a result. Recent charges of harassment against an ex shows he has not learned. I do have sympathy for his alcoholism and other personal demons he is clearly losing the fight against, but it ends there.

It's a 'tour' Gazza's doing. He was in the Concert Hall in Motherwell Civic last weekend with Lee McCulloch and John Rowbotham alongside him.

In terms of entertainment in Motherwell that night there wasn't anything to touch it, but these things just aren't my cup of tea at all.