Police say loyalist fan banner was confiscated at Rangers v St Mirren game for safety

It's a comparatively small flag, so getting every countries flag where we have supporter representation on it would be impossible, If they did have other countries flags on it, i wouldn't complain about it. We have a Dublin Loyal if the had an Tri-colour as representation of those supporters i still would be in favour of it.

It's a football flag, not a fashion statement, so what has chavishness got to do with It, it does what it says on the tin, Rangers Scottish British and followers.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

While the component parts appeal to you....certain parts don't apply to the location of the supports club.

There are discussions about Scottish team/British flag, but I'll not go into that - both are not out of place. However, the St Georges flag (England) & the N. Ireland references have no connection with Paisley & I see no reason why a Paisley based club would feel the need to include them on a flag.

It's a flag representing Rangers and it's supporters D, not representing Paisley (merely they are from there). or supporting Paisley.

It's a comparatively small flag, so getting every countries flag where we have supporter representation on it would be impossible, If they did have other countries flags on it, i wouldn't complain about it. We have a Dublin Loyal if the had an Tri-colour as representation of those supporters i still would be in favour of it.

I would be in favour too, but they would be from Dublin, not Paisley... As for all the nations representation, the point is not to bother and not singling out two that are not very relevant to you. Put something that represents Paisley on it instead (not just the word).

It's a football flag, not a fashion statement, so what has chavishness got to do with It,

I don't see why chavishness is restricted to fashion and the flag is definitely there to make a statement.

it does what it says on the tin, Rangers Scottish British and followers.

Not sure it does, inside the tin the contents are Rangers supporters living in Paisley - the labelling of the tin totally misses that brief. I've already explained the genericness, and from the Rangers side of it, it diverges greatly from the clubs own branding and philosophy. (And for Britishness, it also seems to snub Wales.)

To me it's a bit like branding a single malt, as British Scotch whisky, with a note it's distilled in Paisley.

It's a flag representing Rangers and it's supporters D, not representing Paisley (merely they are from there). or supporting Paisley.

it is a flag representing a Paisley based supporters club - how does the St Geo flag or NI related images represent them or the club???

If it is to represent supporters in general, why only focus on Scottish, British, English & N. Irish supporters - what about any Welsh fans??? (If representing the Home nations...)

IMHO, the flag has stronger support for certain ideologies, rather than football.

I have lived in various parts of Glasgow and Britain, the Glasgow supporters clubs don't have much if any of symbolism to their locality, take the Dennistoun Louden bus or the Bristol bar, what local theme do they need to have on their flag? maybe the old meat Market or even nearby Parkhead. that's just nonsense of course but you get my thoughts. They are there supporting Rangers, where they are from is immaterial overall imo, supporters clubs names is there just to announcing their inclusion in the greater gathering imo.

I would be in favour too, but they would be from Dublin, not Paisley... As for all the nations representation, the point is not to bother and not singling out two that are not very relevant to you. Put something that represents Paisley on it instead (not just the word).

I don't see why chavishness is restricted to fashion and the flag is definitely there to make a statement.

Not sure it does, inside the tin the contents are Rangers supporters living in Paisley - the labelling of the tin totally misses that brief. I've already explained the genericness, and from the Rangers side of it, it diverges greatly from the clubs own branding and philosophy. (And for Britishness, it also seems to snub Wales.)

To me it's a bit like branding a single malt, as British Scotch whisky, with a note it's distilled in Paisley.

it is a flag representing a Paisley based supporters club - how does the St Geo flag or NI related images represent them or the club???

If it is to represent supporters in general, why only focus on Scottish, British, English & N. Irish supporters - what about any Welsh fans??? (If representing the Home nations...)

IMHO, the flag has stronger support for certain ideologies, rather than football.

As already said D, they can't represent every single country on a small flag or i'm sure they would have. We are Scottish British why not represent that on our flags ,as for ideologies, it's a Rangers supporters flag, not a Loyalist flag a Protestant flag nor any other religious ideology representation.

I have lived in various parts of Glasgow and Britain, the Glasgow supporters clubs don't have much if any of symbolism to their locality, take the Dennistoun Louden bus or the Bristol bar, what local theme do they need to have on their flag? maybe the old meat Market or even nearby Parkhead. that's just nonsense of course but you get my thoughts. They are there supporting Rangers, where they are from is immaterial overall imo, supporters clubs names is there just to announcing their inclusion in the greater gathering imo.

Totally agree.....so why have St Geo flag & NI emblems so predominantly on a Rangers supporting flag??? Why not just have the club logo & the supporters club name, on a background which represents the club directly???

As already said D, they can't represent every single country on a small flag or i'm sure they would have. We are Scottish British why not represent that on our flags ,as for ideologies, it's a Rangers supporters flag, not a Loyalist flag a Protestant flag nor any other religious ideology representation.

so why include the representations??? By doing so, it opens the subject up for external sources to continually beat us with.

Totally agree.....so why have St Geo flag & NI emblems so predominantly on a Rangers supporting flag??? Why not just have the club logo & the supporters club name, on a background which represents the club directly???

Similarly why not have have them representative on the flag, if that what the supporters club wish to have on it.