Rangers set to discover soon if they can keep Arsenal kid Gedion Zelalem...

Meh.........

Would be a better deal for him and arsenal than us.

I agree with that. So far he's got no goals, 3 assists in 2 LC games (inc 2 v Airdrie) and 2 assists in 6 league games. He's had two 60 min appearances in the past 4 weeks.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/gedion-zelalem/leistungsdaten/spieler/228370

Is he worth £6,500 a week to us, I doubt it. Are Arsenal happy to be saving £6,500 of his £18k a week, you bet they are.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I actually believe that players like Zelalem & Oduwa bring focus back to individual players & away from The Team.

At the start of the season, we were turning in fantastic TEAM performances, to the point it was difficult to single out any one player. Now, I see folk looking to individuals again & expecting them to be stand outs. I don't feel that Zelalem or Uduwa have really enhanced the team overall.

Put it this way he's nowhere near 6.5k better than shiels or law who could replace him at no extra cost.

He's barely better and arguably worse.

Dean Shiels only has 1 assist in 14 games this season but he has cored 3 goals; and quite often he hasn't had more than 30 mins on the pitch. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/dean-shiels/leistungsdaten/spieler/21421

Nicky Law really hasn't had much of a chance this season but if you go back to last season he scored 13 and had 9 assists in 54 outings, albeit against inferior opposition. I think he deserves a run to see if he can score goals in a better team at a higher level.

Put it this way he's nowhere near 6.5k better than shiels or law who could replace him at no extra cost.

He's barely better and arguably worse.

I don't think he is arguably worse than either of them. He may be no world beater but anyone that watches Shiels or Law will know that Zelalem is clearly a better player than both of them.

Law flatters to deceive and consistently hides behind a sideways pass, does a lot of headless chicken running around.

Shiels has done OK this season, but certainly no better than that.

I note that BH uses goals and assists stats for Zelalem as if those are the only stats that count. I dont see him as the creative force that others may be expecting (is that because he is an Arsenal player ?) Zelalem's ball retention and changing the focal point of attack to pull opponents out of position is what he is primarily in the team for, from what I have been observing.

He rarely loses the ball, makes intelligent passes and normally finds himself to receive the ball again and recycle.

But the notion that Shiels & Law are better than Zelalem is way off the mark in my humble opinion.

I don't think he is arguably worse than either of them. He may be no world beater but anyone that watches Shiels or Law will know that Zelalem is clearly a better player than both of them.

Law flatters to deceive and consistently hides behind a sideways pass, does a lot of headless chicken running around.

I note that BH uses goals and assists stats for Zelalem as if those are the only stats that count. I dont see him as the creative force that others may be expecting (is that because he is an Arsenal player ?) Zelalem's ball retention and changing the focal point of attack to pull opponents out of position is what he is primarily in the team for, from what I have been observing.

He rarely loses the ball, makes intelligent passes and normally finds himself to receive the ball again and recycle.

But the notion that Shiels & Law are better than Zelalem is way off the mark in my humble opinion.

is he 6.5k better?

No chance.

Is he worse. Maybe

is he 6.5k better?

No chance.

Is he worse. Maybe

That 6.5k is unfair and a nonsense as Shiels and Law are both earning more. We also need a squad of players and not just 2 midfielders. Can we replace Zalalem with the same quality for 6.5 k is a fairer question. I doubt we can and the lad was brought here to grow. We know he is not the finished article but he has to be given a chance to grow. Does that mean he should be a first pick? No it doesen't.

Edited by pete

I agree that the goals and assists stats are only one measure of value but wouldn't you agree that a certain Andy Murdoch "rarely loses the ball, makes intelligent passes and normally finds himself to receive the ball again and recycle" but he can't even get in the squad this season.

We need players in midfield who make a difference, Zelalem doesn't make a difference IMHO; Law did last season and Shiels has shown this season that he can do likewise. Zelalem may be more technically gifted than either Law or Shiels but they add more value to the team IMO.