Mark Warburton: SPFL should extend the top-tier

Atm some of the smaller clubs have no chance of getting into the top league, least increasing the size of the leagues, increases their chances of getting promotion. Ok some clubs are happy with the status quo and have no ambition, but some have. Increased league and increase their share of the TV revenues. At the end of the day it should be about what the customers wants. but i suppose that's too radical in Scottish Football.

These clubs get 300-400 supporters in a good week.Give them more power and money?Count me out.

20 of these clubs put together wouldnt fill the copland road stand!!It wont change,ever!!

One might throw in the fact that some of the smaller teams - at this moment and time - probably won't have the money to look to "better themselves", simply for logistic reasons. Methinks the team battling it out for promotion from the Highland league to the 4th tier almost conceded their tie, as they would not be able to afford the away games if they were to get promotion. They eventually narrowly lost out on the field of play, but I would imagine that for some, these sort of problems may stop them from any changes.

These clubs get 300-400 supporters in a good week.Give them more power and money?Count me out.

20 of these clubs put together wouldnt fill the copland road stand!!It wont change,ever!!

I have always wanted a bigger league but I am inclined to agree with your reasoning as well. The old firm already get far too small a share of the venue. We are never going to get anywhere in Europe until we start getting back what we put in domestically. It does not make sense for teams to get tiny attendances and then a sizable share of the proceedings.

I have always wanted a bigger league but I am inclined to agree with your reasoning as well. The old firm already get far too small a share of the venue. We are never going to get anywhere in Europe until we start getting back what we put in domestically. It does not make sense for teams to get tiny attendances and then a sizable share of the proceedings.

Scottish football has gone backwards since 10 clowns of chairmen voted us out of the then SPL. In time they may be brought to account for that decision which was based on a fictitious EBT tax bill. But the consequences of that decision are there for all to see.

Since then it has been difficult to get sponsorships and a significantly better TV deal than the paltry one we've got. Until Rangers are back in the top division competing for the title Scottishfootball is meaningless in every sense. Whether the league is extended or not is irrelevant until then.

Spot on with that...Cappielow today hosted it's largest crowd since 2002 with an official attendance of 7,390 of which 7,000 were bears.