Chelsea v Arsenal

Glad to get the win but Costa badly needs to calm down. A red card waiting to happen, quite a bizarre situation actually because he does not conduct himself like a world class footballer a lot of the time. You would expect to see this kind of petulance in the lower leagues. A great player but he needs to sort his temperament/wind-up style.

Glad to get the win but Costa badly needs to calm down. A red card waiting to happen, quite a bizarre situation actually because he does not conduct himself like a world class footballer a lot of the time. You would expect to see this kind of petulance in the lower leagues. A great player but he needs to sort his temperament/wind-up style.

I think if you take away the aggression you take away a big part of the player.

He definitely prefers Arsenal to Chelsea.

Doesn't mean he is biased towards them, especially as he is a Hammers fan

In fact, I was speaking to a Chelsea friend this morning who saw the incident and he was pretty appalled at Costa's actions. Blue tinted specs indeed.....

Edited by craig

Costa could have easily been sent off today on more than one occasion. You can be aggressive in football without stupid little off the ball kicks and pushes.

That in itself settles the debate for me - a Chelsea fan admitting it.

As for saying it with red tinted glasses - I have certainly admired Arsenals football over the years and like way the club is, nothing wrong with that, I could say the same for Swansea.

But yeah - a West Ham fan who is gutted is didn't put anything on them yesterday at 11/1.

I agree Costa could/should have been sent off, but not for the incident with Koscielny. Do we not see the 'deliberate' failing arms from others quite often? I don't think it's necessarily a red card offense. I feel Costa gets unfairly picked on. He's not innocent, far from it, but others do similar things and they're not picked out at as much. Perhaps it's just my blue-tinted specs?

West Ham have been exceptional. However, they are more of a counter-attacking side; It's worked well, but they need to find a way to win at home, when the onus is on them. Great result yesterday. Bilic is a very good coach. I do have a soft spot for West Ham -- great historic, traditional club -- and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new stadium does for them.

West Ham have been exceptional. However, they are more of a counter-attacking side; It's worked well, but they need to find a way to win at home, when the onus is on them. Great result yesterday. Bilic is a very good coach. I do have a soft spot for West Ham -- great historic, traditional club -- and I'm looking forward to seeing what the new stadium does for them.

At home to Leicester and Bournemouth West Hame were poor, but to be fair to Leicester they have started well and I think we under estimated them. To beat Newcastle at home last week was a monkey off the back and puts that two previous home games to bed so we can kick on now. Norwich at home next, big test to see if Bilic can get it right when expected.