Champions League week 1

I watched Manu against Wolfburg. Very enjoyable game which both teams played open football.

Malmo held there own at times Real dominated most of the time as you would expect, there was a moment when Malmo down to 10 men were unlucky not to equalise near the end through their striker Rosenburg, Ronaldo sealed it in the 90th minute game over. Good game to watch.

Watched a bit of the Man U game, great start by Wolfsburg.

Van Gaal thinks man Utd are capable of winning it, I would say they are miles off Bayern and Real at the moment. Although Smalling is finally starting to look like a defender for them.

Into the Europa discussion - Liverpool are absolutely shocking. drawing with Carlisle over 120 minutes, drawing with Norwich and Sion, and beat by West Ham.

Rodgers position is serious doubt and with Klopp and Ancelotti available they should make the move. If Everton beat them on sunday I can see him going.

I thought Rodgers was OK but I heard someone say off the cameras he is a total pleb and if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself as he loves himself.

Into the Europa discussion - Liverpool are absolutely shocking. drawing with Carlisle over 120 minutes, drawing with Norwich and Sion, and beat by West Ham.

Rodgers position is serious doubt and with Klopp and Ancelotti available they should make the move. If Everton beat them on sunday I can see him going.

I thought Rodgers was OK but I heard someone say off the cameras he is a total pleb and if he was made of chocolate he would eat himself as he loves himself.

Klopp would be an unbelievable appointment by Liverpool! (Ancelotti a little too defensive for Liverpool IMO.)

Klopp would be an unbelievable appointment by Liverpool! (Ancelotti a little too defensive for Liverpool IMO.)

Agree about Klopp. I think Ancelotti would be a poor appointment and he has had very mixed success since his dominant Milan side, though even they declined considerably under him as the team grew older. He has had three jobs since, not lasting more than 2 seasons in each. He had a spectacular season with Chelsea then completely fell apart the next season after the 3-0 defeat to Sunderland. He also won nothing last season with Real Madrid, despite spending astronomical sums on players.

Agree about Klopp. I think Ancelotti would be a poor appointment and he has had very mixed success since his dominant Milan side, though even they declined considerably under him as the team grew older. He has had three jobs since, not lasting more than 2 seasons in each. He had a spectacular season with Chelsea then completely fell apart the next season after the 3-0 defeat to Sunderland. He also won nothing last season with Real Madrid, despite spending astronomical sums on players.

Tad harsh on Ancelotti from Chelsea and Madrid. He wont the double at Chelsea but Roman was firing anyone who didn't win the league, Man Utd came back strong the next season.

At Madrid he was up against the best footballing team in our generation. Barca were sublime. No excuses to not get the better of Atletico though.

Tad harsh on Ancelotti from Chelsea and Madrid. He wont the double at Chelsea but Roman was firing anyone who didn't win the league, Man Utd came back strong the next season.

As I said, he had a spectacular first season at Chelsea, but that was followed up by 71 points in the league, which was their lowest points total in 8 seasons, by some distance. Including the 3-0 defeat at home to Sunderland, Chelsea won only 1 game during a 9 game spell, this included defeats to Birmingham and Wolves. Quite frankly, RA gave him far too much time because that was more like relegation form. Aside from Mourinho, RA has been spot on with all of the sackings.

At Madrid he was up against the best footballing team in our generation. Barca were sublime. No excuses to not get the better of Atletico though.

I said his last season though, they finished above Atletico last season.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy