Anyone else think Rangerstv is a poorly implemented service?

I think you make fair and constructive points mate.

Email Rab or David Melvin with them but I think both are on record as saying the website and other stuff are out of date so are probably still awaiting funding.

Anyone got any experience with similar programs and services from other football clubs? Just to get some sort of comparison? (EPL are out of the equation, as they are sure awash with money and will probably be able to provide state of the art services ... one would think.)

Anyone got any experience with similar programs and services from other football clubs? Just to get some sort of comparison? (EPL are out of the equation, as they are sure awash with money and will probably be able to provide state of the art services ... one would think.)

I watched a small part of the Malmo Celtic game and the Celtic tv looked actually as if it was a copy of RTV. The only difference is that every foul against a Celtic player is at least yellow to the death sentence and every Celtic foul on an opponent is very dubious indeed.

I watched a small part of the Malmo Celtic game and the Celtic tv looked actually as if it was a copy of RTV. The only difference is that every foul against a Celtic player is at least yellow to the death sentence and every Celtic foul on an opponent is very dubious indeed.

It sounds totally in keeping with their whole mentality. What I don't understand is why with that kind of attitude, all the other clubs seem to cosy up to them while sticking the boot into us. Although clubs like Hibs seem to see their way as something to aspire to.

Totally agree!

I'm on my 3rd season buying 'the full meal deal'. Used to buy game by game but great value @ the price of a pint (per game) for the package. Watched 50+ games last year from preseason through playoffs.

Hardly a handful of technical glitches to bitch about - missed the first 20 minutes of the Easter Rd. game, (RTV problem) buffered once in 7 games since then. I go Laptop to 50" Sony, good quality IF you pay for the bandwidth. The tech support are just that - supportive, if you talk to them. They acknowledge that their equipment needs an up grade. Everybody complains about no score/time, TM&DJ (including me) but I control the volume so I can & do turn it off @ times.

Not sure if it is just the euphoria of the start to the season but it seems like there is more pre & post game interviews, player interviews, press conferences, news updates, articles available between the Official site, RTV & YouTube than ever before.

Certainly a different media feel from our own camp befitting the W&W Renaissance.

Onward to Yesterday

I don't really get any buffering at all on RTV though I have 50mbps fibre optic. I only watch the live games but I have some issues:

The commentary and general analysis is pretty appalling. I think everyone will be in agreement there. Last season against Alloa Tom Miller didn't even know what the score was, he kept getting it wrong and had to be corrected when the next goal went in. You're as well just muting the volume because I don't find the analysis remotely interesting or detailed.

The streams aren't great quality. I watch everything in HD where possible and the streams are pretty good as far as streaming goes, for the money the service costs though it should be better.

The score and time is not shown. This is very basic and should be included. If you come into a game late or go away for whatever reason, you need to be able to see this. I regularly find myself looking up livescore to get my bearings, which is poor considering RTV is a premium service.

I registered, with a view to signing up, to it a few years back and found cause for complaint quite quickly.

I contacted them and was advised that the problem wouldn't be getting corrected. I then decided not to sign up.

Didn't realise that it used flash though. Can't think of any software that I hate more than flash.