Ball Loving Life At Ibrox

AFTER only three appearances, Dominic Ball reckons he’s settling into life at Rangers just nicely as he and his teammates prepare to take on Raith Rovers at Ibrox this weekend.

The versatile defender’s first two appearances came at centre-half before he deputised for Lee Wallace at left back in Sunday’s 5-1 win over Queen of the South when the captain went off injured.

And the on-loan Tottenham man has put his good start to life at Rangers down to the camaraderie in the team at the moment.

“It’s always easier to come into a team which is confident and which is winning,” he told RangersTV. “Even before I came, the team spirit was obviously very good.

“The manager gets the best out of all the players, and everyone has a good relationship with him.

“With the squad of players we have, I think we go out and expect to win. We have that confidence, and that creates a fear factor with all the other teams we play.

“It’s good to have that positivity, and while I don’t want to jinx anything, I think we will do really well we need to take each game as it comes however.

“The main focus for us is ourselves. If we train hard and play our best when the games come, hopefully we’ll get the wins.

“I can’t wait to be at Ibrox again – it’s an unbelievable place. We’ve come back in and smashed it in training after a few days off, and hopefully we’ll get the win.”

Ball’s versatility was tested to the max at left-back on Sunday when he replaced Wallace, but he admits it’s a joy just to be playing a role in what has been an all-conquering start from Mark Warburton’s side.

“Everything’s been going very well,” he explained. “I’ve been here for five games now, played three times, and we’ve won every game, so I couldn’t have asked for a better start.”

“I was disappointed for Lee to get injured on Sunday, but it happens, and I was excited to get on the pitch and get the opportunity to play as that was my first league game.

“It was a great result too and I was buzzing. I’d heard about our results down there last season, but this year, we’re a different breed.

“Every team we’ve played so far, we’ve blown out the water, so we need to keep doing that, keep working hard and winning.

“Centre-back would my preferred position. I played right-back and centre-midfield last season, and I’ve also played left-back maybe six years ago when I was at Watford.

“So as a defender or defensive midfielder, I can play anywhere. We didn’t have a left-back on Sunday obviously when Lee got injured, so I had to step in and I obviously didn’t mind that.

“It was different for me, but I don’t view it as a problem.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10015-ball-loving-life-at-ibrox

Quite impressed with Ball so far. Seems to keep it simple and has a bit more pace than Wilson or Kiernan so may well displace one or the other going forward.

He didn't look quite as comfortable at left back on Sunday but still did pretty well and certainly wasn't afraid to get forward though isn't as natural as Wallace for obvious reasons.