Nicky Clark Enigma

Nicky Clark is just another in a long line of mediocre Scottish league players who have looked great at a small team then flattered to deceive at the old firm. For Clark you can also see Derek Riordan, Willo Flood, Ian Black, Cammy Bell, Gavin Rae, Russell Latapy, Ian Murray, Darius Adamczuk, Stephen Thompson etc. and most of these players were a lot better than Clark. He had found his level, he is not good enough to be playing with us. We have much more pressure, an expectance to win, plus traditionally are playing against much more defensive minded teams, meaning it's completely different and you get less space.

Russell Latapy was pretty decent. The rest however...

Wasn't there a Gretna player Deuchars who broke scoring records in the lower leagues but was never heard of again?

Clark hit a silly amount of goals for QofS but doesn't look like he could get double figures for us. I am guessing part of the reason was the Championship was slightly easier in his good season with no Rangers, Hearts and Hibs and you have to give QotS credit, they seem to be a good footballing side and Clark probably benefitted from that.

Wasn't there a Gretna player Deuchars who broke scoring records in the lower leagues but was never heard of again?

Clark hit a silly amount of goals for QofS but doesn't look like he could get double figures for us. I am guessing part of the reason was the Championship was slightly easier in his good season with no Rangers, Hearts and Hibs and you have to give QotS credit, they seem to be a good footballing side and Clark probably benefitted from that.

Kenny Deuchar. I could be mistaken but I thought he went to the U.S. To take up a job. Is he not a Dr or something similar ?

Russell Latapy was pretty decent. The rest however...

Latapy was a decent player who played at a pretty good level before coming to Scotland, he was also a fair age when he joined us. So I probably wouldn't really consider him 'mediocre', he didn't play well for us though. With all the top midfielders we had then though, he was always going to struggle. He played on until 40 though and always looked a class above the rest for Falkirk.