Blue Pound Wasted

With football matches bringing so much money into local economies it should really be the responsibility of local councils to invest in improvements to stadium infrastructure, especially with small clubs which can't afford it themselves. The goverment and local councils frittter away and waste vast amounts of money every year on all sorts of initiatives, many of which are a load of shite. It's time they started getting their priorities sorted out.

Does the UEFA fair play plan not state that football teams are not allowed monies from local councils as it could give unfair advantages with clubs with richer councils benefiting more. I am not 100% sure but I think it does.

Does the UEFA fair play plan not state that football teams are not allowed monies from local councils as it could give unfair advantages with clubs with richer councils benefiting more. I am not 100% sure but I think it does.

Didn't stop Swansea City did it?

Better for who? Let clubs and fans decide what to do for themselves.

Also, Ayr and Killie need two stadiums.

Let's hear you say Ayr and Killie need two stadiums when both of them are bankrupt.

Fans would never want stadium sharing and clubs would avoid it where possible. However, financially it makes perfect sense as they share costs that they currently are struggling to meet.

Is it not (in some cases) the councils that own the stadium & lease (long term presumably) it to the clubs. That being the case, the Council can invest as much as they want into THEIR asset. I believe this has been a factor in the increase of synthetic pitches - it allows the councils & communities to get more use of the facility.

Stadium improvements cost a fortune and with an average crowd of well under 1000 fans, I doubt they take much priority for clubs like Ayr.

On another (drier) night, our 5000 fans would have enjoyed the old-fashioned terracing.

Where do I apply for a refund on my Rangers rain jacket that didn't stop the rain getting through to my Rangers sweatshirt? Reminded me of Livorno, another cowshed with no cover.