Blue Pound Wasted

Is it not time clubs from the lower divisions started spending their 'bonus payments' earned exclusively from the blue pound into the 21st Century? Thus helping to bring better stadia not only for their own fans but the visiting fans as well?

Somerset Park, Ayr today.

Somerset%20park.png

This football ground like most in Scotland has missed an opportunity to make the football experience more attractive to your average fan.

Take the Blue Pound and keep it is their motto.

Stadium improvements cost a fortune and with an average crowd of well under 1000 fans, I doubt they take much priority for clubs like Ayr.

On another (drier) night, our 5000 fans would have enjoyed the old-fashioned terracing.

The list of clubs getting my Blue Pound is getting shorter by the seasons, when we get back to the top filght next season, I don't think there's an away ground i will visit apart from the Jags if they are still there?

Edited by aweebluesoandso

The list of clubs getting my Blue Pound is getting shorter by the seasons, when we get back to the top filght next season, I don't think there's an away ground i will visit apart from the Jags if they are still there?

Why not Killie ? At least they did the far more honorable thing and abstained in the vote, citing more than valid reasons for doing so, being the Companies Act

Why not Killie ? At least they did the far more honorable thing and abstained in the vote, citing more than valid reasons for doing so, being the Companies Act

I have (or had) a friend who was a Killie fan he and his fellow fans were just as bad as the rest of the fookers who had a kick at us when we were down.

I have (or had) a friend who was a Killie fan he and his fellow fans were just as bad as the rest of the fookers who had a kick at us when we were down.

Not disputing that. But the CLUB did the right thing by abstaining.

Back on topic. I think it is very idealistic to look at these wee teams and think they should be spending the Blue Pound on their stadia and infrastructure. Many of these clubs are close to bankruptcy as it is, so receiving Rangers money is an unexpected bonus that they will probably be banking to save for a rainy day.

For them to spend the additional income on stadia would make very little sense - as Frankie says, given their home crowds are so small they don't really need covered shelter - besides, to enhance their stadia would cost far more money than the Blue Pound brings them - and it provides very, very little additional benefit and doesn't bring in any additional supporters to watch the games.