Is Our Defence Good Enough?

We are playing superb football,scoring loads of goals,different scorers,everything is superb and everyone is buzzing,players and fans alike,however I still feel our defense is weak!,I am not sure about our two centre backs as a unit,I just don't think they are dominating enough and if we come up against decent strikers we would lose a few goals,not a complaint as such just an observation and concern.

What does everyone else think?

Our attacking style of play leaves us exposed at the back at times. St mirren found a few holes last week. We get away with it at the level were at but we will have to tighten up if we meet anyone from the top teir.

Our attacking style of play leaves us exposed at the back at times. St mirren found a few holes last week. We get away with it at the level were at but we will have to tighten up if we meet anyone from the top teir.

That is my point,if we want to have a chance of winning the Scottish cup for instance we will need to be more astute defensively

I'd like to see McGregor given a chance by MW, personally speaking I liked the guy's application and effort during the dark days, he has something to offer.

We'll have to wait and see if he can make the step up that others have.

That is my point,if we want to have a chance of winning the Scottish cup for instance we will need to be more astute defensively

In the league we will score more than we lose in just about all the games. You are correct though if we are playing against some of the better teams in the premier league.

That is a good point and the reliance on attack and perhaps lack of defensive focus/organisation seems to be about the only criticism I have heard of Warburton at Brentford. Our full backs are playing very offensively, particularly Tavernier, who is often playing pretty much as a right winger. So I'm not sure if I would be criticising our centre backs yet, leaving 2 at the back will always make you likely to concede. They are looking a bit shaky though. It will be interesting to see what Warburton does against Celtic and in Europe, because that will quickly get exposed. Particularly in Europe, even small foreign sides in the Europa League will be dangerous, often having quick, technical players who can open you quickly. One step at a time but balance is key in football, defence is as important as attack. I never thought I would ever have concerns about a Rangers side being too attacking, but there you go.

That is a good point and the reliance on attack and perhaps lack of defensive focus/organisation seems to be about the only criticism I have heard of Warburton at Brentford. Our full backs are playing very offensively, particularly Tavernier, who is often playing pretty much as a right winger. So I'm not sure if I would be criticising our centre backs yet, leaving 2 at the back will always make you likely to concede. They are looking a bit shaky though. It will be interesting to see what Warburton does against Celtic and in Europe, because that will quickly get exposed. Particularly in Europe, even small foreign sides in the Europa League will be dangerous, often having quick, technical players who can open you quickly. One step at a time but balance is key in football, defence is as important as attack. I never thought I would ever have concerns about a Rangers side being too attacking, but there you go.

But even the Alloa goal today,fantastic strike as it was,was just poor defending with all our defenders defending,hopefully this will be addressed.

I'm still loving what I am seeing though!.