Keith Jackson: Mark Warburton offers bright future for Rangers...

Winning the scottish cup and getting into Europe will be high on warburtons list. And if we get the rotten mob in the final we will be guarenteed a place. Its not beyond us either. Infact ill be well dissapointed if were not.

Winning the scottish cup and getting into Europe will be high on warburtons list. And if we get the rotten mob in the final we will be guarenteed a place. Its not beyond us either. Infact ill be well dissapointed if were not.

Do the SC runners up get a EL place? Think was stopped after Hibz in 2013.

Seems very strange if the sponsors were ok with this

Edited by RANGERRAB

I expect arrests pretty soon.

For me that was the most pertinent point in the article. Like GS, and no doubt every genuine Rangers fan, I want to see every b*stard that caused damage to our great club, do their penance. Wonder how illBill and illPhil will spin that, when it occurs?

For me that was the most pertinent point in the article. Like GS, and no doubt every genuine Rangers fan, I want to see every b*stard that caused damage to our great club, do their penance. Wonder how illBill and illPhil will spin that, when it occurs?

Whatever way they are paid to.

Is this actually the case or is Warbs building a team of future stars by buying young? I haven't heard at any point that Rangers have refused him funds? Normally that's the first thing you would hear as it would be a giant scandal.

I would also question as to whether you would want to spend millions in the championship, or buy & build a team at this level, that by next year is proficient and needs little added to take on the SPFL

Warburton would hardly be off to a good start if he started bad mouthing to the press and he doesn't seem the type to do that. I imagine he will have been given a clear indication though of what funds would be made available to him. There isn't much point getting in an aspiring, successful manager from English football if he leaves a month later because he was fed a load of lies. Funds are going to be very tight (we have already racked up a sizable debt) and we need to become self-sustainable. After what we have been through, we need to be focusing all our costs on overhauling our infrastructure. Ideally in several years, we will be at a level where we can regularly be in the CL last 16 and have the necessary funds to spend decent sums on quality players. That's where we should be aiming. Spending large sums on players is perfectly acceptable if you are receiving similar sums for those that are outgoing. We seem to have the right philosophy and player acquisition approach - our scouting network needs to sorted asap too.

We hardly know how much and how any money by King and Co. have been spent since their takeover. So ... much of what the journos write is not any better than fan-board assumptions.

What Warburton has seemingly proved is that you don't need "serious money" to create a team that is capable to keep the better teams of the Championship at arm's length. We may splash a few hundred k still, perhaps on Allan, perhaps on Jamie Murphy, or someone else. Should the entertainment values stay the same for a few weeks, I reckon the accountants at Ibrox can look forward to another few sell-outs. Furthermore, should the W&W revolution go on, you can envisage that any new share issue might well end up being quite a success as well. It is, much like the rebuilding of the squad, a one-step-at-a-time scenario. The season is young and fortunes may vary. But it is a good feeling all round these days.

* a much debatable term, IMHO

Hearts showed last season that you can win it effortlessly without spending anything (on fees at least).

given the character that warburton has shown so far I very much doubt that he would be here if he was being refused funds. he walked out of his last job on point of principal.

I expected to spend more this season but am happy with the proceedings so far. If we are going to splash the cash it will be next season when we go up. But then again who knows how well Warburton can do with his shrewdness in the transfer market. His reputation will attract players when were in the top tier and that can only bode well for the club and save us a couple of bob in the long run.