His goal return of 9 in 17 for us in the second half of last season was superb, but we shouldn't be touching any Newcastle players with a bargepole unless they're out of contract.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Here's the general feeling about Vuckic coming to Rangers...

not an out and out striker

don't believe he's Warburtons kind of player

He's a luxury we don't need

out of our price range

he wouldn't work hard enough, don't see him fitting into this workaholic system.

shouldn't be touching any Newcastle players

It would be a deal we can't afford

and der berliner I don't know how much money would finance Austin going the other way. :)

Interesting views on why we should not sign this player.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Here's the general feeling about Vuckic coming to Rangers...

not an out and out striker

don't believe he's Warburtons kind of player

He's a luxury we don't need

out of our price range

he wouldn't work hard enough, don't see him fitting into this workaholic system.

shouldn't be touching any Newcastle players

It would be a deal we can't afford

and der berliner I don't know how much money would finance Austin going the other way. :)

Interesting views on why we should not sign this player.

Well, TM say Euro 1m for Vuckic and Euro 9m for Austin. Add the inflated English market et al and you can come up with any figure between 5 and 10m, I assume. Not sure how much Newcastle can actually invest though.

Well, TM say Euro 1m for Vuckic and Euro 9m for Austin. Add the inflated English market et al and you can come up with any figure between 5 and 10m, I assume. Not sure how much Newcastle can actually invest though.

1m for Vuckic is very generous considering how he came in for us and hit the ground running.

9 goals in 17 games is a very good return in anybody's language, I'd be excited if before the closing of the transfer window he joined our squad.

Also I don't believe he wouldn't cope with our current training methods of run and chase, he'd embrace it.

The new regime have achieved bum on seats now anyway, but a 'individual flair player' wouldn't go amiss.