Sportsound - Craig Houston

you do have to wonder if there are main stream journalists being paid to slander us. Its a question that should be asked out loud too. For me the level of journalism speaks volumes.

that's nonsense in my view. The only one being paid to undermine us is Comical Ali, McMurdo

Craig Houston pointed out the decision not to broadcast the game on Friday deprived licence paying St Mirren supporters of the opportunity to follow the progress of their team. The response was at best, unconvincing. Overall, I felt that Craig Houston did very well and enjoyed some support from Richard Wilson.

Deprived licence paying St Mirren supporters? Haha.

Wasn't very impressed with Houston: he seemed to personalise the situation too much instead of educating the audience why we think there is an anti-Rangers agenda from the likes of English, McLaughlin and the BBC in general. I know it's not easy on air but he should have researched well and gone in armed with a ton of examples.

He was easily cornered by the sly use of fallacies by English and making it look like the problem was we were banning someone who wrote accurate things that we just didn't like.

I can't even believe he conceded that the BBC were "accurate" when there is plenty of "new club" examples to counter that. But the main point is that you can avoid any accusations of inaccuracy while completely misleading your readership by exaggerating some things and neglecting to mention other things. It's also easy to use words like "could", "may have", "perhaps" and "up to", to get around the technicalities of mistruths, but that easily persuade the reader to think the worst is true.

It reminds me of the film "How to get a head in advertising" with Richard E Grant as an advertising guru who develops a conscience. He is on a commuter train listening to a bunch of city types talking about a newspaper article:

Businessman on Train: [reading a newspaper] I see the police have made another lightning raid. Paddington drug orgy.

Priest on Train: [Irish accent] I suppose young girls was involved?

Businessman on Train: One discovered naked in a kitchen. Breasts smeared with peanut butter. "The police took away a bag containing 15 grams of cannibis resin. It may also have contained a quantity of heroin."

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: Or a pork pie.

Businessman on Train: I beg your pardon?

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: I said the bag may also have contained a pork pie.

Businessman on Train: I hardly see how a pork pie's got anything to do with it.

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: All right then, what about a large turnip? It may also have contained a big turnip.

Priest on Train: The bag was full of drugs.

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: Nonsense.

Priest on Train: The bag was full of drugs, it says so!

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: The bag could have been full of anything. Pork pies, turnips, oven parts. It's the oldest trick in the book.

Priest on Train: What book?

Denis Dimbleby Bagley: The distortion of truth by association book. The word is "may". You all believe heroin was in the bag because cannibis resin was in the bag. The bag may have contained heroin, but the chances are 100 to 1 certain that it didn't.