100-Year-Old Fan Rewarded

c53ae548164114d2e755f004ee786f91_XL.jpg

RANGERS manager Mark Warburton and legends Davie Wilson and Willie Henderson made a special visit to Ibrox today to celebrate the 100th birthday of the Club’s oldest season ticket holder, John Connelly.

John, who was born on 28th June 1915, has followed the Light Blues for more than 87 years and has watched some of the greatest ever Rangers players during that time.

He attended his first game at the age of 13 and has seen Rangers play under every manager other than William Wilton.

In recognition of John’s long-standing support, Mark Warburton and Club legends Davie Wilson and Willie Henderson presented the Centenarian with a special gift of his 2015/16 season ticket in the Sandy Jardine Stand.

Mark Warburton commented: “I am delighted to be here today to help John celebrate such a significant milestone.

"I have enjoyed hearing about the many great Rangers legends he has seen over the past 87 years and I am very pleased to present him with his 2015/16 season ticket on behalf of everyone at the Club."

Willie Henderson added: “John has so many fantastic memories and it has been great reminiscing with him today. It is remarkable he can still come along to the games at Ibrox and I am delighted the Club has recognised his loyalty with this gift today.”

Fans group Rangers First have also recognised John’s loyal support and have made him their first Honorary Member.

Rangers First Director, Ricki Neill said: “Rangers First are very proud to make Centenarian John Connelly our first Honorary Member.

“John has been going to Ibrox for approximately 87 years and has had the opportunity to watch many legends like Dawson, Morton, Shaw, Baxter and Henderson right through to Cooper and Laudrup and is now honoured by the Club he loves.

“I was pleased to hear the new Rangers board helped to honour this achievement and yet again it shows the fans that we have the right men on the board now. All Rangers First members are proud to have John as a fellow member.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/9500-100-year-old-fan-rewarded