Rep Ireland v Scotland

Two average teams going bang at it but I will probably watch it. international week isn't so bad when the domestic season is over. I think qualifying campaigns should actually be lumped together more rather than spaced out over 2 years. You could play 3-4 games in a 2-3 week period, it might bring more interest and make the domestic season less start / stop.

Can see it being a draw in this game which Id probably take. Beating Poland and Georgia is what Scotland need to do and then top 3 would be pretty much on the cards.

Wales got a hoofing result against Belgium last night and Norn Ireland are in pole position to go through also. Would be good to see the 4 home nations all at France next summer. Not sure why the media keep making out all 5 could progress, Ireland is nearby but so is France close to Britain.

Yep the 4 nations qualifying for a major tournament all in the same year is actually real, who would have predicted that?

Regarding us getting there is probably less likely than the other 3 at the moment. Scotland will be happy with the game finishing all square, a win would pretty much guarantee at least third place, defeat would keep things in the boiling pot.

You never know, I'll be watching that game tomorrow night with all my might behind the Scots (without a Ranger in sight mind) The Irish could knock us out for sure, but I expect Scotland to sneak it (Heart dominating head again)

The Wales result gladdened me, I now find myself hoping they qualify, NI look as if they can do it, hat's off to them a wonderful outcome if they make it along with the rest of us.

England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales in Euro 16, now that will be worth watching. ROI can take a nose dive for all I care.

It amazing what a good bright manager does for the country anyway. I feel like Im much more behind the team compared to when Levein was in charge.

It is a toss of a coin in this game, as you say Ireland could turn us over with O Neill and Keane getting them right up for it, but I'll have a few squid on a 0-0.

I think Wales are practically there with that win last night. To lose a 5 point lead of Israel and Cyprus with 4 games to play would be incredible. If Norn Ireland get something from the Romania game today and Finland get something off Hungary then they have a foot in France. England are already there so its is looking like Scotland have the trickiest task of making it 4 home nations in France.

On the international topic I don't think it will be long before top 8 seeds like Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Holland, England, Belgium and Portugal don't even have to qualify for the Euros. They will automatically get there then it will be up to the rest to qualify. For me money and seedings has ruined the game, they should just pick out from all names in a hat and if Germany draw Spain in qualifying then so be it, it will make the international games more interesting during qualifying rather than watching a snooze fest of England v Slovenia or Italy v Malta. If Man Utd draw Liverpool in the FA cup 3rd round its the tie of the round and all eyes are on it so international should be the same.

Money and football have cemented themselves long ago, not like the good old days when football and money meant paying your gate charge and lifting the boy over the turnstile free of charge.

The guy on the turnstile would take 50p cash in hand just to let you in, you walk in and Rangers would be playing Bayern Munich or some other giant.

Lifting boys over the turnstiles was a done thing in the days of European semi finals in Scotland and England. I was part of that.

Today we have UEFA 'lifting' their interests into the game...money driven as opposed to football interest.

Irish FA forced to bin 18,000 programmes for Scotland game after chief executive John Delaney hits out at FIFA corruption

Republic of Ireland will play Scotland in a Euro 2016 qualifier on Saturday

But before the game 18,000 copies of match programme were shredded

Another batch of the programmes were ordered at a cost of €10,000 (£7,200)

New publication was identical but with words from John Delaney removed

FAI chief executive had hit out at FIFA in his programme notes for the game

Delaney admitted that Ireland had accepted €5m pay-off from FIFA in 2010

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-3122670/Irish-FA-forced-bin-18-000-programmes-Scotland-game-chief-executive-John-Delaney-hits-FIFA-corruption.html

I think we have a good chance tonight,Chesney has us playing as a team,our defence isn't as strong as we would like and will be put under huge pressure from the ROI,but we are hard to beat on our game,fingers crossed.