Ibrox fans will step up and pay says Rangers fans chief

Those who were going to renew still will those who are unsure are still unsure and those who were not going to renew still aren't.

Nothing has been done yet to gauge intent. The correct approach could push us near 30000 but the time to create a huge upswell has passed. The only way we would have got40+ is if they had put down a large pile of cash pre st sale

I'm not sure.

An imaginative appointment next week and an influx of suitable players will put bums on seats - even at short notice. We only need remember what happened in 2012 where ticket sales were pretty much non-existent until Chuck got Ally's approval (and Ally got a nice bunch of shares)...

It's getting people to believe that he will co-invest that is the problem. Plus what he thinks is enough might not mare with fans expectations.

I think King was sensible in not being pressured into giving a figure.

However, I'd agree with you that he may need to make the first 'donation' before fans are convinced enough to back him.

Put Walter Smith into a non-exec-director seat, hand him a few decent lines of text projecting a good future ... along with King, the 3Bears and a new manager and people will come. If trusted faces (appear to) run the club, people may be willing to forget the undesirables of the past and their actions quicker than expected.

Put Walter Smith into a non-exec-director seat, hand him a few decent lines of text projecting a good future ... along with King, the 3Bears and a new manager and people will come. If trusted faces (appear to) run the club, people may be willing to forget the undesirables of the past and their actions quicker than expected.

Smith was a non-exec under Green, so I doubt his appointment would make any difference.

What we need is real action and not token gestures like the recent Greig one.

It'll be an easier sell once the manager is in and players start being signed (at least I hope it will. Depends on the manager and players!). There doesn't feel like there's much sense of anticipation or eagerness at the moment.

I'm lucky if I get up for more than a couple of games a season but will buy one if sales remain poor. I was happy enough with the regime change so it seems fair enough to give them some backing.

Smith was a non-exec under Green, so I doubt his appointment would make any difference.

What we need is real action and not token gestures like the recent Greig one.

Smith went rather quickly after he found out about Green and people won't have forgotten that. IMHO, Smith still stands for integrity and that is what we have been missing for quite some time.

Smith went rather quickly after he found out about Green and people won't have forgotten that. IMHO, Smith still stands for integrity and that is what we have been missing for quite some time.

Smith was a director for 8.5 months under Green.

I don't disagree with you as to what he stands for but appointing him won't make any difference to most, particularly given that he was a director for a relatively substantial time previously.

Basically King is saying we need the money and have to co-invest with him.

That's fine and I appreciate the truth but we also need a product worth paying for.

He said that too

He said that too

Yes he did but that's like saying buy the new Rangers strip with no strip to launch. It makes the launch worthless and the words somewhat pointless.

Another 7 days to launch season tickets in tandem with the new manager would've been a better strategy IMO. Any sales difference would be negligible.

Yes he did but that's like saying buy the new Rangers strip with no strip to launch. It makes the launch worthless and the words somewhat pointless.

Another 7 days to launch season tickets in tandem with the new manager would've been a better strategy IMO. Any sales difference would be negligible.

Sales boost half way through will be good. Roofing good news will be even better.