Five Youth players released & 7 get contract extensions

All the best to the lads....

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/9425-five-youths-released

RANGERS’ Academy have announced the release of five professional players from the youth system.

Kristian Gibson (defender), Jamie Burrows (striker), Junior Ogen (forward), Scot Whiteside (defender) and Lewis McMinn (goalkeeper) have left the club.

Head of Academy Craig Mulholland said: “At this time of year there is always the difficult job of telling players that their future is no longer here at Rangers.

“We have released five players during the close season and another three professional players have left since the change in the Academy in January.

“We wish all of the players well and we hope the education they have had at Rangers will prove invaluable in their attempts to find a new club and in their future careers.

“The club’s welfare team and coaches will assist the players to find a new club, and explore academic options, as part of the structured exit policy we have in place.

“It is important for the culture of the Rangers Academy, and indeed the values that are important to the club, that we treat people with respect and look after the person, not just the footballer.

“Hopefully despite this being a difficult time for these young men the support they will receive from our team of staff will help them to a bright future.”

Edited by Frankie

I haven't seen enough of any of them to know how good they are, but all the best to them all anyway.

I think I remember the lad Gibson from last year's youth cup final against Hearts. When the players were in the middle of the penalty shoot out he was caught on camera giggling like a wee lassie.

And straight after that ...

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/academy-news/item/9426-kids-sign-up

Kids Sign Up

RANGERS have secured the services of a number of their academy prospects for another season.

Seven youngsters, six of whom appeared at under 20 level last season, have agreed contract extensions to keep them at Murray Park.

Ryan Sinnamon (defender), Craig Halkett (defender), Darren Ramsay (midfielder), David Brownlie (defender), Josh Jeffries (forward), Lewis White (goalkeeper). Dylan Dykes (midfielder) will all be Gers players for another year.

And eight schoolboy players will become full-time professionals this summer.

Jack Thomson, Jordan Houston, Scott Gray, Sam Jamieson, Kieran Wright, Jamie Brandon, Jamie Barjonas and Aidan Wilson have all moved up a level to commit to a permanent footballing career.

Head of Academy Craig Mulholland said: “The Academy staff have been busy re-signing some of our existing players and also working hard from a recruitment perspective to secure some new exciting young players.

“The recruitment process is critical as the players must fit the characteristics model we have in place which compliments the new culture and style of play within the Academy.

“When we re-sign existing players and also recruit new talent they must have a burning desire to do everything in their power to be as good as they can be and become a professional player at the top level.

“They must also have a high degree of technical ability in order to fit within the new style of play at Rangers.

“It requires players to be comfortable in a team which contain players who are creative on the ball, and have the confidence to express themselves in an environment where mistakes are accepted as part of learning.

“Billy McLaren is currently in Sweden looking at young players and our scout Ian Wilson in England has done some excellent work recently identifying some fresh talent and we have scouts covering matches in Poland.

I am just back from watching matches in Holland and myself and Ian Durrant are travelling to Northern Ireland this weekend to meet with our Irish scout, Phil Cowen, and some players.

Our Scottish team of scouts have also been working hard at the younger age groups and we have met with a number of potential targets and their parents over the last couple of weeks.

“This work is intended to get us back as quickly as possible to competing for the best players, not only in Scotland, but also beyond these borders.

“We are hopeful that we will be able to add a few more talented young players to the lads already secured before the season starts.

“Albeit most of the work we are doing at the moment is longer term and it may be this time next year before we can see the major benefits.”

Edited by der Berliner

We always seem to be looking at Northern Irish players, but I'm not sure why when it's not exactly a country you'd class as a hotbed of top class footballing talent.

We always seem to be looking at Northern Irish players, but I'm not sure why when it's not exactly a country you'd class as a hotbed of top class footballing talent.

We have scouts who are already based there that don't get paid a wage. Costs the club next to nothing to take a look at them.

I like this: "must also have a high degree of technical ability in order to fit within the new style of play at Rangers.

“It requires players to be comfortable in a team which contain players who are creative on the ball, "

Edited by SteveC