Sun - Gers Target Scott Allan!

It be great to be in a tug of war with those who hide their real history, if they want him then let them, if not then we'll take him. He's a very exceptional player of that there is no doubt but I don't see the really big clubs including the 2nd tier in England hunting him.

He'll do me considering the grief of Black, Mohsni, Boyd and the likes of Zaliukas who've managed a foot in the door.

He's a very exceptional player

Hardly.

He's an above average Scottish footballer who failed in England and lit up the Scottish Championship against the likes of Cowdenbeath.

Better than what we have? Probably.

In the real world: He's nowhere near Charlie fucking Adam as a footballer.

Hardly.

He's an above average Scottish footballer who failed in England and lit up the Scottish Championship against the likes of Cowdenbeath.

Comparing him to Charlie fucking Adam speaks volumes hen.

I don't think we should be looking outside Scotland for EVERY player. We need some rebuilding job this summer if we go up and need no fewer than 8 first teamers. Id be bringing the potentially talented Scots in with a mix of good experienced players.

Not for every single player but certainly the vast majority. Time and time again we buy the best players in Scotland and it turns out they're pretty much useless.

Hardly.

In the real world Charlie Adam also looked inept most of the time in Scottish football, though given he's performed reasonably well in England, I think we can blame poor management/coaching for that.

If he has been slightly better than average why was he player of the year?

Dean Shiels and Nicky Law were both short-listed for top tier POTY before coming to us. POTY (especially second tier) isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of a players ability, or suitability to move to a big club.

Hardly.

May I throw in the small detail that he went to England at the age of 19, was loaned by West Brom four times ere returning to Scotland. Hardly a benchmark of being a failure, rather that WBA had enough players and sent him on a developement run that hardly gave him any time to settle or any consistency. That he still ran the show for Hibs and against us time and again at the age of 23 should tell a story. And not just how bad we are, as the pendulum always swings both ways.

http://www.transfermarkt.de/scott-allan/leistungsdatenverein/spieler/60904

Not for every single player but certainly the vast majority. Time and time again we buy the best players in Scotland and it turns out they're pretty much useless.

That's not down to the player himself though, Im pretty sure the poor coaching is more responsible for that.

Some bits and pieces from FF ...

McCoist wanted Allan before most had even seen him….he pretty much stuck to his transfer targets throughout time and always went back to the same players….he collected players, I am going to suggest he wanted Allan.

If the board pulled the plug on it (which I assume they did) f*ck them, it was sod all to do with Huttons contract or morale’s ……it is

robably my money and it is probably in Stockbridge, Toxic or some other Wig c*nts pocket….

As I posted on another thread not only was he offered a pittance of 800 a week by the board, our previous managers approach wasn't professional enough and hence the reason why he went to Hivs. He's apparently on 1200 a week there. It's shameful that we have now got to pay for him due to previous mismanagement at both the playing and boardroom level.

At the risk of repeating someone, at Tannadice, Allan fell out with Peter Houston, who was quite bitter about it (on radio).

Now I'm sure if Celtic were interested they'd be calling PH for his input.

edit

To be clearer, Houston had been working for Celtic as a scout before going to Falkirk.

Grew up near where I used to stay, we'd all heard about how good a player he was.

Massive Gers fan, hope he wouldn't jump the dyke but money talks.

However, he only ended up at WBA cos Dundee Utd found out he was about to pen a pre contract with Rangers in Jan 2012, (Utd refused to engage in talks with us in August 2011 to buy) so they sold him earlier to save face rather than allow him to sign for us.

Edited by der Berliner

Dean Shiels and Nicky Law were both short-listed for top tier POTY before coming to us. POTY (especially second tier) isn't exactly a ringing endorsement of a players ability, or suitability to move to a big club.

Yes I agree. The fact he was player of the year though suggests he was better than slightly above average, by this league's standards.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy