Sun - Gers Target Scott Allan!

he was poor against us Murdoch had him in his back pocket. He has been slightly better than average in the championship. He will fair no better than all the other Scottish player's who we have signed recently.

If he has been slightly better than average why was he player of the year?

I like what I have seen of the lad, but then I liked Moshni the first time I saw him. :P

I still like Moshni as I think he could be a good player if he grew an attitude. Since he won't I wouldn't keep him but I think he can be a good player if he would screw the hied.

A very good player who caused us problems in the 1st leg at Ibrox...is he good enough for us in the Premiership?

I'd say he is.

What's his best position then ? I don't see hibz often but when they've played against us I've seen Allan play left MF and I don't think he's a naturally left-sided MF player although I stand to be corrected on this.

Ok so he's SPFL Championship POTY but so what? Not exactly an achievement is it?

I also don't think he has a great return of goals either. I wouldn't like to see us pay any money for a player who in reality isn't really any better than anything we've already got. And give him a three or four year contract then discover he's not as good as we'd hoped halfway thro' it. And who's to say young Walsh or someone else won't be a better player than him in a year or two?

What's his best position then ?

I was meaning his delivery from corners and dead ball situations, he'd be good for that if we had some decent finishers whether it's from defenders or tall centre forwards, it's his delivery I like, what position he plays? I don't know about that mate.

To be honest I would prefer Vuckic to be our first priority. He is proven he can do the business. I would also prefer a central midfielder that can dictate a game. Dare I say it like Barry Ferguson. Shit that hurt.

I think he would be a huge improvement but I want us to stop focusing on Scottish teams for players. Players constantly look fairly decent at other clubs, only to look really poor with us. Scott Allan bombed in England, as a lot of promising Scottish players do, but he's a lot better than what we have.

I don't think we should be looking outside Scotland for EVERY player. We need some rebuilding job this summer if we go up and need no fewer than 8 first teamers. Id be bringing the potentially talented Scots in with a mix of good experienced players.

What's his best position then ? I don't see hibz often but when they've played against us I've seen Allan play left MF and I don't think he's a naturally left-sided MF player although I stand to be corrected on this.

Ok so he's SPFL Championship POTY but so what? Not exactly an achievement is it?

I also don't think he has a great return of goals either. I wouldn't like to see us pay any money for a player who in reality isn't really any better than anything we've already got. And give him a three or four year contract then discover he's not as good as we'd hoped halfway thro' it. And who's to say young Walsh or someone else won't be a better player than him in a year or two?

When was the last Rangers game you seen because if you think Scott Allan isn't any better than we already have then either the last game you saw was in 2010 or you're living in a parallel universe.

Oh and Walsh is a #10 Allan is not and I for one would like to see them both in our side.

No real surprise this ...

Celtic and Rangers set for transfer tug-of-war over Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan

Old Firm rivals Celtic and Rangers are both interested in signing Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan this summer

The 23-year-old midfielder has been voted Scottish Championship player of the year this season by his peers

Allan has one year left to run on his current contract at Easter Road

Meanwhile, Hibs boss Alan Stubbs has played down speculation linking him to the vacant manager's post at Sheffield United

Celtic are poised to engage Rangers in a tug-of-war for the signature of Hibernian midfielder Scott Allan.

The 23-year-old playmaker was voted Championship player of the year by his fellow professionals.

And, after toppling the Easter Road side in the Premiership Play-Off semi-final, Rangers have already registered an interest with the player's agents.

Sportsmail understands that will now prompt rivals Celtic to revisit a long-term interest after watching the former Dundee United and West Brom player a number of times this season.

Allan has a year left on his current deal and the SPFL Champions were prepared to wait until January to secure a pre-contract agreement. The interest of their Glasgow rivals is likely to change that.

Consigned to Championship football for a second season, Hibs are reluctant to sell but risk missing out on a fee of around £400,000 if they hold on.

Boss Alan Stubbs, meanwhile, has played down speculation linking him with a move to managerless Sheffield United.

'I cannot stop speculation but I have a job to do here and that's at the forefront of my mind,' he said.

'At this time, I have other things to occupy me, things to take care of over the next few days and that's my priority.

'I had a big job to do here when I took over and it's still a big job. Nothing has changed.

'Obviously it was disappointing, but we go again and there would be nothing better than to be in a position this time next year when we are talking about automatic promotion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3100052/Celtic-Rangers-set-transfer-tug-war-Hibernian-midfielder-Scott-Allan.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490