Sun - Gers Target Scott Allan!

With hindsight he has done his career a wonder of good by going to Hibs for a year then else McCoist would have just ruined him. Sometimes is pays to go and learn your trade elsewhere.

I cant see Celtic turning his head if he is a Gers fan....not getting promotion may be the only stumbling block.

But Ive seen him for 90 mins just the one time and you can clearly see the talent is there. Bringing him in and Macleod back would be a terrific start to the rebuilding job required.

What like Scott Brown!!

I have not been impressed with Allan. I was told he was great in the first couple of Rangers Hibs games this season without me actually noticing him, so I took closer watch in recent games against them and the game passes him by a lot without him looking to be an influence. We have had enough players that go hiding when the going gets tough (Law, Black to name but 2) and we dont need any more thank you.

There may be some raw talent there (well hidden in last few games v us) and if he is a Bear and free then fair enough, give the lad a chance, but he isnt one I will be rushing to pre-season to get a look at.

Does a lot of running about with no great end result , he does have the ability to cross a decent ball , but surely that's the least that a midfielder should possess , if not God help us .

He does seem to be a threat, is very direct and capable of good set pieces and good through balls.

Would prefer to see him score more goals as I don't think he's that great defensively. And as mentioned, sometimes the game passes him by.

All in all, so long as he wants to come and it doesn't cost a fortune, I'd take him.

He's a good passer, but that is irrelevant if his potential teammates don't run off the ball. I'd like to see him in a Rangers jersey, but it'll only be successful if we can get a proper coach.

Hes far better than the under schieving law and black. He stood out against us in the last two games we have played hibs, somethi g the other two have struggled to do all season.

I think he would be a huge improvement but I want us to stop focusing on Scottish teams for players. Players constantly look fairly decent at other clubs, only to look really poor with us. Scott Allan bombed in England, as a lot of promising Scottish players do, but he's a lot better than what we have.

Hes far better than the under schieving law and black. He stood out against us in the last two games we have played hibs, somethi g the other two have struggled to do all season.
he was poor against us Murdoch had him in his back pocket. He has been slightly better than average in the championship. He will fair no better than all the other Scottish player's who we have signed recently.