I really don't think he is the class we need. He never comes for a cross ball and even looks shakey at shots from distance. I think he is our best keeper but that is because the others are worse.

Edited by pete

Yeah, Bell is nowhere near commanding enough.

He's not a bad shot-stopper but I wasn't convinced when we signed him and I'm even less convinced now.

What do you think of Queens' Zander Clark? Commanding,, strong wrists, and for such a big unit, seems to get down quite easily.

Yeah, Bell is nowhere near commanding enough.

He's not a bad shot-stopper but I wasn't convinced when we signed him and I'm even less convinced now.

Would you accept McGregor back Frankie??? I think it would be a shrewd move......Probably one of the forgivable ones who left.

Hull are down they will well be looking to move players on,. Mcgregor is what 33/34, a young pup for a keeper - I just turned 36 yesterday and can still climb peaks every weekend so he can easily do the job.

What do you think of Queens' Zander Clark? Commanding,, strong wrists, and for such a big unit, seems to get down quite easily.

Aye, he does look decent - on loan from St Johnstone IIRC but not out of contract until next summer....

Would you accept McGregor back Frankie??? I think it would be a shrewd move......Probably one of the forgivable ones who left.

Hull are down they will well be looking to move players on,. Mcgregor is what 33/34, a young pup for a keeper - I just turned 36 yesterday and can still climb peaks every weekend so he can easily do the job.

McGregor is a good goalie but is clearly more interested in what he can earn from the game rather than our club's well being.

I wouldn't take him back and I doubt we can afford him.

McGregor is a good goalie but is clearly more interested in what he can earn from the game rather than our club's well being.

I wouldn't take him back and I doubt we can afford him.

Nah got to disagree with you there, yes ambitious with a bit of hunger in him and you cant blame him for trying to set himself up. I maybe overrated him, I thought he is top 4 class before.

Id take him back instantly for next season (should we go up).....look how bad Arsenal have been without a good keeper.

I can't believe after one game we are implying Clark is better than Bell!? One good game against Rangers does not mean he is world-class; and it's not as if we tested him much, apart from Miller's point-blank header which I don't think he knew too much about going by the unorthodox technique of palming it onto his face then out. Bell is a decent shot-stopper, but he is lacking in presence. Can someone not just punt balls into the box and he can practice stepping-out to catch them? It seem we just accept players for what they are; can we not coach them to do better?