Dundee have secured striker Kane Hemmings on a pre-contract agreement as the club has confirmed more players will be leaving Dens Park.

Forwards David Clarkson, 29, and Paul Heffernan, 33 and defender Kyle Benedictus, 23, will not be offered new contracts.

The club had already released midfield duo Iain Davidson and Jamie Reid.

Englishman Hemmings, 23, is currently with Barnsley after previous spells with Rangers and Cowdenbeath.

He will join Paul Hartley's side on 1 July on a three-year deal.

The forward has scored five goals for English League One side Barnsley this season and has 29 goals from his previous spells in Scotland.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32750618

I was disappointed at the time to see him leave. I thought he had something, and was certainly young enough to develop. Another poor decision from McCoist.

I believe he scored quite a few times for Cowdenbeath in the Championship, which, if so, could should have meant he would have been ok with us. However, I do wonder if we are ever really set up properly to take advantage of these players, like Cowdenbeath obviously were?