Neil Doncaster on Rangers, play-off pricing and last-day fixtures

Yes of course, but he's the Chief Executive and in that role he's essentially in charge of bringing as much revenue into the SPFL from broadcasting and sponsorship as possible.

My point wasn't that it's all his fault though, it was that Doncaster appears to have tried to paint a picture of the new sponsorship deal being the best deal Scottish football's ever had, when it would seem as though it isn't that at all.

He did it in a sneaky way though because in at least one of the interviews he mentioned it as being the best deal the Scottish Football League has ever had in 125 years, but the Scottish Football League no longer exists following the suspiciously rushed merger with the SPL to form the SPFL.

It looks like the SPFL board have had enough of Doncaster's penchant for poor deals. The big boy is stepping up - sorry Pete we won't need you either.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-ralph-topping-goes-5702547

SPFL chief Ralph Topping goes to war with BBC over TV deal: You’re "damaging" our game and it’s "indefensible" Gary Lineker earns double what we get

It looks like the SPFL board have had enough of Doncaster's penchant for poor deals. The big boy is stepping up - sorry Pete we won't need you either.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spfl-chief-ralph-topping-goes-5702547

SPFL chief Ralph Topping goes to war with BBC over TV deal: You’re "damaging" our game and it’s "indefensible" Gary Lineker earns double what we get

The SPFL need to get real and remember just what the f*&k it is they're selling.

I hate to agree with Topping but this has been a major bug bear of mine for years , the BBC is a publicly funded body and should be accountable , but time after time Englush sport gets massive payout from the Beeb . The Bbc recently shelled out £60 million a year for the tv rights to match of the day , we get less than £2million yet contribute just over 10% of the Beebs funding , English rugby get a very similar disproportionate deal !

If you don't value your product and continually greet about it , how do you expect any one else to value it , we are world beaters at underselling , I would be all for telling the BBC to shove their deal .

I hate to agree with Topping but this has been a major bug bear of mine for years , the BBC is a publicly funded body and should be accountable , but time after time Englush sport gets massive payout from the Beeb . The Bbc recently shelled out £60 million a year for the tv rights to match of the day , we get less than £2million yet contribute just over 10% of the Beebs funding , English rugby get a very similar disproportionate deal !

Face facts - Scottish football only has one fixture which can be sold to an audience out side Scotland. And the halfwits who decided to remove Rangers from the top division three years ago need to accept their responsibility for the continuing demise of Scottish football. Topping, Dumbcaster & Rhegan for starters.Then Liewell and his cronies.

Not long after Rangers got sent to SFL3 the president of La Liga was asked what would happen if either Barcelona or Real Madrid got kicked out the top Division & he said it would never happen purely for commercial reasons alone. Yet we have buffoons who spout their 'sporting integrity' nonsense while the game disintegrates into oblivion.

FWIW i am no supporter of the BBC but they are absolutely spot on with this to pay what they believe to be the correct market rate for the flawed Scottish football product. If Topping doesnt like their valuation he can always get someone else to replace the BBC. He'll have a long wait

Edited by RANGERRAB

Another wee fact , scottish Sky viewers spend more proportionally than in England , up here 1 in every 14 sky customers paid for sky sports , in England it was 1 in 118 but they get billions spent on the EPL , we get 0.01% of the equivalent spend per year

Oh aye , stoke v hull or west ham v Burnley are real value for money

Whether you like it or not it's because they're in the EPL they get the TV money.

And I dont recall these fixtures being live ones on TV but I may be wrong

Another wee fact , scottish Sky viewers spend more proportionally than in England , up here 1 in every 14 sky customers paid for sky sports , in England it was 1 in 118 but they get billions spent on the EPL , we get 0.01% of the equivalent spend per year

Well let's get shot off SKY and get someone else.

Oh wait wee Roger Mitchell(remember him?) tried that when he was head honcho at the SPL. How did that work out again?

He even made Dumbcaster & Rhegan look semi-competent